Friday, February 28, 2020

Constant Depression and American Girl Rebecca Goodwill Find And Thrift Store Sights


Hi Doll Friends,

I just can't seem to pull out of this depression no matter what I do. I haven't been here in weeks... Just couldn't bring myself to get to the computer because I've been so stuck in the mire. Barely doing the 'have to's' in my life lately. I keep thinking I'll pull out of it and feel human again but it doesn't seem to be happening. So, I'll stop with the 'I promise to get back to my old self soon' because I begin to think she's long gone and not coming back. I guess I'll have to suffice being the small percentage of myself I once was. 
*sigh*


I do try to find happiness... As when I went out with a girlfriend last week thrifting. I was momentarily delighted by finding an American Girl Doll Rebecca for only $3.99! I've gotten her cleaned up other than her hair needing a hot water dip because her wig has been woefully treated. I've wanted to get a Rebecca because I love her eyes! They are almost exactly like the eyes of my husband and his family. Very pretty. 


Her arms are pretty tight and work well... Her legs are a bit wibbly and needing to be tightened. 


Then there is the stuff I saw and left behind...



Kicking myself for not buying this cute tea set. Why? So cute!




I thought these little statues were neat but they were marked $3.99 each and I didn't have the cash that day...


Same story with these busts of famous historical figures. They were $3.99 each. If they'd have been 99cents each I'd have probably bought all of them.... But as it was, I left them there. 


Pretty dolls but priced way too high... 


Same with this little bed... I thought. 



I mean $8?!? You can get one new for like $35 with clothes and all pretty and new...!





This price made more sense but I still didn't buy her... I have loads of dolls needing makeovers already and so I left her for someone else to find and fix up... 



These bags of naked dolls were intriguiing... I imagine someone stole their clothes for other dolls. 


Poor dears.




Some of them were even clowns. Interesting! They were around 16 inches tall I think...


And more horses I didn't need... I liked the one with the saddle a lot because the way its legs were posed but... I have way too many horses. 

I gotta run. I'll hope to be back sooner rather than later... Pray for me if you're the praying sort. I need it. I'm trapped in a depression unlike any I've battled before. I feel like I've lost all sense of myself. It's pretty terrible. 
*sigh*

Thanks for being my Doll Friends,
It means a lot to me. 
XXOO
Heather 

5 comments:

  1. Heather, I assume your doctor is treating you for the depression? I suffer from it as well. Many, many years ago when I had a major depressive episode I was on every drug known to man for depression. All the newer designer type drugs, all the older drugs, nothing worked. And I was feeling much like you are now and the doctors did not know how to fix it. Finally one older Irish doctor put me on a very old fashioned drug. He did not have any great hopes of it helping as nothing else had but wonder of all wonders it did work. And I have been on it every since. I still get depressed but not major depressive episodes. The drug is moclobemide. Run it past your doctors and see what they say. Best part of it is there have never been any side effects with it, unlike many of the ones I was on previously. I enjoy your blog and your thrift store posts a lot! I hope you are feeling better really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather I suffer from Depression and Schezoeffective Disorder I am on Disability for this I am on four differnt medications for this. Maybe that the reason I collect dolls to forget about my troubles It seems to help

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, things WILL get better. I know it feels like they won't, but that's the depression talking, and depression lies.
    Maybe it would help to talk to your doctor about what you're going through, or join an online support group. Maybe talk to your pastor, see if they have any advice for you.
    I find for me, catching it early and coming up with a project I'm excited about and distracting myself with that can usually fight it off.
    But what works for each person is different. Just know that it WILL get better and try not to brood too much or it will snowball.
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My prayers are with you! Do see your doctor! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you're OK Heather in these difficult times. I keep stopping by your blog to see if you've updated. I look forward to when you're able to post again :)

    ReplyDelete