Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Dolls Dolls Dolls... Thrift Store Finds I Could Not Resist!


Greetings and Salutations Doll Friends!

I was weak! How could I not?!
Recently I went into a thrift store and low and behold what did I see?
Someone had apparently donated their entire collection of My Life As Dolls!
Or that's what it looked like! They all had what, it appeared to me, their original 'meet outfits' on and had been played with very little. 
What?!?!
Before I knew what I was doing, the entire collection of them was in my cart...
And then being rung up at the register...
And in my Jeep!
But seriously...
How. Could. I. Not?



They were all marked $3.99 each! Their outfits alone were worth that!
Seriously, how could I not?










There was even this little gal... I hadn't planned on buying any 14' dolls but...
Knowing this was one of the City Pals and knowing, now, that they were likely a 'one off' for just the Christmas season they'd been released and sold at Sam's Club, again... 
How could I not?




Not too many days later in a different thrift store...
(What can I say? They are a weakness!)
I found these two Our Generation dolls. 
I didn't think to take 'before' photos of them unfortunately, this is them after I'd cleaned them up. 



Sadly, that thrift store writes the prices on each item with permanent marker...
Why??!
I am going to try and get it off with some zit cream at some point or another.


This little guy has a mark of ink on his face I couldn't get off too...



At a different thrift store a little later I found this My Life As Doll Boy. 
He had no clothing on and only $1.99 and... Well... I was weak and bought him. 



Then just the other day (these finds have been over the last several weeks, mind you...) I found this little gal!! I almost fell over the same way I always do when I find an actual American Girl Doll at a thrift store. Better yet? She didn't have a price tag and I asked the clerk how much she was and she told me she'd let me have her for $1.99!! 
Wow!
That's a find!





So... This is how I ended up buying a gaggle of dolls from the Thrift Stores recently.
What can I say? 
I love dolls. 

Better go. 
XXOO
Heather


 

No comments:

Post a Comment