Wednesday, July 24, 2024

New York Doll Company City Girls Jazz Gets New Look. Meet Delta Blue!

 


Hi Doll Friends,

I've long loved New York Doll Company's City Girls Dolls It makes me so sad they are no longer made. They were so well made and I love their original sculpt. *sigh* Jazz was the first one I brought home to the Doll House. Then game Harper, who I won in a contest, which, how cool is that? Then came Layla, who, at the time, I thought would probably be the last one to join my collection given that they were $79.99 at their regular price. New York Doll Company still sells 18-inch dolls but they've apparently teamed up with Lotus. Here is my favorite of those, named Catalina. They don't really appeal to me though because they don't differ much at all from other Lotus Dolls I have in my collection. 

Well, before they stopped making them, I found them on a drastic sale. I may or may not have gone a little nuts and bought five of them. I have no regrets at all other than wishing I would've bought a few more at that price. I bought two Harpers, two Beth's and one Jazz. One of the Beth's and Harper's got a makeover quickly after. However, the 'second' Jass and the 'third' Harper were waiting patiently for a makeover. Well, recently I've been making more time for my doll hobby. So I pulled 'Second Jazz' and decided it was time. I put one of the American Girl Doll wigs I found on eBay several years ago and...
  I absolutely love her!!


I think she looks so lovely in her new wig! I've decided to name her Delta-Blue, after Delta Blues, one of the oldest types of blues music. I wanted to give her a 'music' related name because of Jazz's name. Delta Blue also works because of her beautiful blue eyes.


Isn't she lovely?

So now I only have one City Girl left to make over, one more Harper. I suspect that she might get a drastic makeover and become a brother to the others. Don't quote me though, I've been known to change my mind. 

Better run!
XXOO
Heather 





No comments:

Post a Comment