Monday, July 30, 2018

City Girl Layla Arrives To Live At The Doll House!


Greetings And Salutations Doll Friends!

I recently accepted a new job and with said job, I got a bit of a signing bonus. Well... I'm sure you can imagine what I spent my bonus on? Yes. A doll. You know me, I can't help myself. There are so many fabulous ones on the market nowadays! One of my newest favorites are the City Girls by New York Doll Collection. They are just fabulous! Jazz and Harper have settled in to the Doll House so well! Layla had gone on to my Doll Wish List soon after Harper arrived because she just cemented my good opinion of these dolls. 


Here she is after she arrived... I bought her on Amazon for $79.99 and so of course she only took two days to arrive. What did we ever do before Amazon? Right? Athough sometimes I think it makes shopping just a tiny bit too easy. Teehee. 


Here she is in her box. I decided to have a bit of fun and take a 'movie' of her being found and helped out of her box by some of the dolls from the Doll House Village. You can find the 'movie' here on YouTube. Here are a few of the photos from it in case you're not one to like to watch videos or don't have the time just now. I am having more and more fun making them and imagine there will be many more going forward. It's just so much fun to tell stories with the dolls. I eventually may start to do voice-overs instead of the 'silent film' (well, they have the tinned I-Movie music so they're not totally silent but there is no voice). I honestly make them for myself as much as anything... I am an administrator who works from home. While working, I listen to music and oftentimes will put my YouTube channel on silently in room I am working in on our 52inch TV (I think? 50 inch? Huge by a 1970s kids standards!!). So I can glance up from my computer screen and see my dollies! I know, that's probably a little lame but you already know I am a shameless doll nerd. Teehee. Watching them inspires me to do better with my photos and helps me think of new ideas... Not to mention keeping my stress level at work down. Hahaha. So, win-win all around. So if anyone else in the world enjoys them too, mores the better. So I'll let the following photos 'tell the story' of Layla coming home.

Side Note: I've decided, much like my Maplelea Dolls, I am going to keep the names the dolls come with for my City Girls. They each have sweet little stories of their own already and I kind of think it's fun to have a mix-up of Doppelganger Doll characters and fictional characters in the Doll House Village. I mean how fun is it that Heather Doll is now able to interact with Laura Wilder?
Doll House Village is such a cool fictional place! At least I think so. Teehee. 

Better run!
XXOO
Heather






I had my sweet Sophia Dolls Patti and Ariel help Harper and Jazz unbox her!


















So pretty!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment