Thursday, July 12, 2018

Laura Ingalls Wilder Comes To Live At The Doll House!!


Doll Friends!

She's been on my 'doll wish list' for a while now... But recently I decided to move her to the top of the list and so when some Doll Mad Money found me, she made her way to my house. Teehee. Isn't the internet amazing? Oh the tedium it would be if I had to go searching for a specialty doll store or to order from a catalog. Eh? I digress... 

So she arrived yesterday. Wednesday being my busiest day of the week, I only got a chance to open up her box and get her out for a very few photos. I have to say that one of the reasons little Miss Laura here hadn't ever made it to the top of my list was that I could never decide just how I felt about her face sculpt. It's really kind of different than many sculpts in that she has a permanent little grin on her face. However, of all of Queen's Treasures dolls she was my favorite. Then, recently Laura was in the news... I won't get into the whole reason for that because I do try and keep my little blog here politically neutral. But the amazing woman that was Laura Ingalls Wilder somehow managed to get her name dragged through the mud for having the audacity to have the worldview that was common to everyone in her world at the time. That annoys me. I'll hush lest I break my rule. Perhaps I already have? But I have loved Laura Ingalls Wilder books since I was a child and they were a particular favorite of my dear sweet mom and so... How to show support? How better than to have Laura Ingalls Wilder come to live at the Doll House Village? Teehee. I am planning a whole story of how she time travels and all manner... Fun fun! 

Side note... I looked up facts about Laura that I'd never thought to question before. I am a tiny bit perplexed why they chose to make her eyes blue when real Laura had brown eyes? I mean, this doll has some of the most striking blue eyes you've ever seen on a doll but I imagine they could've made striking brown eyes as well. Strange. (Nothing personal Queen's Treasures but that is rather odd. Don't you have search engines on your computers too? Heehee. Just kidding!) In any case, after getting her home I found her much more beautiful in person than I ever did in their stock photos. I mean, really, she's just pretty. 

So, I am sure you'll start seeing Laura in many upcoming stories from the Doll House Village.

Better run! Where oh where does the time go?
XXOO
Heather

I give you, the unboxing, in photos:








What, oh what is this doll house? Hmmmm...



This little note literally made me laugh out loud. "I might stink but it'll wear off."
I just giggled again.
Too funny!

















No comments:

Post a Comment