Friday, October 5, 2018

Madame Alexander Tommy Hilfiger 14 Inch Doll Find!


Doll Friends!

Low and behold I have found a doll I didn't know existed before!! Have ya'll ever seen a 14inch jointed Madame Alexander Tommy Hilfiger Doll? I never had... So when I saw her laying on a shelf in the 'showcase' section of one of my favorite thrift stores, I had to have a closer look. (Purely research for you dear reader, it's a labor of love! Heeheehee)


Isn't her outfit adorable?!?! I have always liked Tommy Hilfiger clothing... Simple and classic. 


Here is the mark on the back of her head... I was so suprised when I discovered she was a Madame Alexander! Madame Alexander dolls are usually easy to spot because they all have a somewhat similar look to them,  I think... But this little gal's face sculpt was wholly unlike any other M.A. I'd ever seen before. She was marked $14.99 so I think even the thrift store was able to tell she was a rare doll...


At the same store I saw this American Girl Hopscotch Hill doll... 


I had them take her down so I could take a closer look as I'd never actually seen one in person before. She was, of course, well made and had a cute outfit... But I just never did like the face sculpts on these dolls or that they had 'painted' on eyes. Just don't appeal to me for some reason. Not to mention it'd be just one more wardrobe of clothes I'd have to start accumulating and between my 18inch doll clothes in both Journey Girl and American Girl Style bodies and my 14inch doll clothes... Um... NO. Not gonna open that can of worms! But it was neat to see her. 


Here they are next to each other. Of course I couldn't help myself and I bought the Madame Alexander doll... Teehee... $14.99 is a bit more than I normally pay in thrift stores but... My curiosity (on your behalf, of course, dear reader!) couldn't be helped! I'll be back soon to give you a look at her particulars...!! The following is other things I've seen lately when out thrifting that I thought you'd find interesting too.... Out of time! It'll have to be a 'photo speaks a thousand words' kind of thing!












Gotta run!
Happy Friday!
XXOO
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment