Sunday, October 21, 2018

JoJo Siwa Outfit Set By My Life As Doll!


Greetings and Salutations Doll Friends!!

First off, I am sorry I've been less consistent with my posts the last few weeks... I've had family visiting town and been doing an in depth Bible study and both have cut into my 'blogging time'. Another week of people in town though and life should get back to 'normal'. Well, you know, other than us then being into the full blown Holidays-till-the-end-of-year rush. We will cross that bridge when we get there, eh? Don't get me wrong, I love the holidays, there are just a lot of i's to dot and t's to cross during that time of year. Who am I kidding, I guess there always is. Good gravy, way to ramble on about the existential crisis of modern man there, eh? 

So recently I've told you about the 2018 My Life As Doll clothing sets... Surprising even myself, I haven't really been way too tempted to buy them this year. They are all really cute but really, at $20/set, it makes each outfit about $7/each with tax and... Well... Regular price for My Life As Doll outfits are $9.99 and they've really improved them over the last couple of years, often having an accessory or two included. So, the outfit sets are perfect for gift giving parents or grandparents because it's a huge box for under the tree for 'impact' value. For an adult collector several years into collecting? Kind of a 'more of the same' and 'not even that much cheaper' kind of thing. If that makes sense. However... There was one of the sets out this year I did want.


Me and half of the rest of America apparently because it took me a while and quite a few Walmarts before I happened to find it again once I decided for sure I wanted a set... Which set? The JoJo Siwa set of outfits. Ironically enough, I looked up the JoJo Siwa set I got in 2017 and laughed to see that I posted about that set almost exactly a year ago today, only two days off. How funny. 


One of the main reasons I wanted the set was the adorable unicorn top that comes with it. Obviously I'll probably always have a bit of a nostalgia factor, unlike many who are familiar with JoJo, because I knew her the year before she went on the dance mom's (name of show?) show and became famous. It still blows my mind just how many 'things' have her on them. Good for her! I love that she's stayed wholesome and sweet just like she was when she became famous. She, despite having become an teenager, allows herself to be a girl and I think that's great. There is plenty of time to be a grown up! Why rush it? Right?


So I had Frann and Layla model a couple of the outfits for you. I used the PJ's top to create a 'daytime' outfit with the little skirt. I thought the skirt was a bit too short to wear alone and so added the butterfly leggings


I took them out to one of my favorite parks on a beautiful day last week.


I think Frann looks totally adorable in her outfit! I love the pants... Totally groovy!





I also brought along a couple of other dolls to photograph... Here is City Pal Maya with Frann and Layla. I thought her outfit looked like it was made to go with their outfits. Do you agree? It's the outfit that came on Anne/Eline from the Glitter Girls



I also brought along one of my beautiful Paola Reina Dolls I've gotten as a gift from my lovely sister friend Frann. She's wearing a Glitter Girls outfit and I think she looks adorable! I only got two photos of her before half of Nebraska's photographers showed up at my favorite park with families for photos... I decided to leave the venue to them... I am not one for crowds especially with a lot of kids who want to come play with the dolls when they see them. And I don't like to share. Hahahaha. KIDDING. But it's best I don't be there to distract them from their family photos. The Mom's might hate me. Teehee.


Better run or I'll be late to church!
Have a great Sunday!
XXOO
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment