Friday, November 8, 2019

Heather and Josh Doll Fall Portraits... At A Prison... Perspective Matters!


Hi Doll Friends!!

As I mentioned in a recent post, part of my job is to ride along with my boss and do administrative stuff for him during the day while he goes into different places to work. He's a pretty forgiving boss and so doesn't mind my bringing along dolls with me in case we happen upon a good place to take photos during the day. When I say 'good place' to take photos, you'd think I were talking about parks and pretty venues like that... However this post is here to tell you that, if you look for them, there are likely 'photo op' venues for your dolls all over the place and all around you. You just have to take the photos from the right perspective. Case in point, I decided, last week, to take Heather and Josh Doll along with me since it'd been a while since they'd had their 'portraits' taken. So I dressed them up in fall clothes and brought them with me... One of the places we had to go last week was a prison in town! See, we work in big industrial kitchens doing repairs on their kitchen equipment and there are literally kitchens everywhere! Obviously, also in prisons because the inmates and staff have to eat three times a day just like everyone else. So... I was sitting in the truck working on my laptop when I glanced out and saw some pretty neat landscaping including some really large boulders/rocks. Aha! Perfect spot for doll photos! 


I love love love how many of them came out! 







See, I took the photos from 'above' where you could only see the rock and maybe a little bit of the parking lot surface in them. This is them in the exact same pose but with me taking the photo from a different perspective... 


And again, I didn't move the dolls a bit but just turned a little and this really not-scenery like road with industrial building was behind them in that direction... 


But I just move my camera a bit and... This cute shot emerges....!

So... Look around! You'll find some really great doll photo venues right in front of you. Lots of places pay lots of money for pretty landscaping even around thier parking lots... Why not use them for your doll photos. Now mind you, you will get some strange looks... A prison guard walked to her car while I was taking the photos (it only took about 5 mins) and looked at me like I was bonkers. Hahaha.

Gotta run!
Have a great weekend!

XOXO
Heather 








1 comment: