Monday, November 28, 2016

Black Friday Errands Shopping and A Doll Craft!

Greetings and Salutations Doll Friends!

Black Friday... I am not sure what your feelings are on it but it's never been something I've gone out and joined in on. Perhaps it's because when I was younger I worked in retail and always had to work for it so now I don't want to be at stores since I don't have to be at stores? Also, I am not all that fond of crowds and talk about crowds! Do you like to go out in the early morning and find the amazing sales? I can see the appeal of a really great deal on expensive electronics for instance... Still it's not ever something I've wanted to do for the reasons I've mentioned. 


That being said, the weather was really pretty on Friday and I needed to run an errand into 'town' to go get a parcel from Fed Ex. It was in the other close-by city I live near. This city is actually closer but since it's not the one I moved out of, it's always my second choice to travel to for errands. So, going there is kind of like an adventure! When I said that it was going to be an adventure, guess who wanted to jump in Jeep with me and go along for the ride? You guessed it! Frann Doll! She always likes to see new places she's never been before. 


When we got to the address of the Fed Ex place she and I both giggled... It looked a little bit like a fortress!! You had to walk up to that turnstile, mash a little button and speak into a speaker to a person who lets you in. Very secure! Frann was so brave! She walked right up and mashed that button like she owned the place. We went in and got the parcel and since we were in town anyway...


We decided to visit a few stores. We pondered "Which stores might not have crazy crowds?" because mostly we just wanted to get out and have a bit of fun window shopping. Then we thought "The Dollar Tree!" because they don't really have 'sales', they are just $1 for everything every day of the year. Perfect! We found one that was intriguing in that it was in a pretty brick building and very large... Might find some amazing stuff we never see in our regular Dollar Tree! Perfect!



"Come on! Lets go!" 


Then we decided another great place to go that might not have crazy crowds would be the local thrift stores. We started with Salvation Army and it turned out they had a Black Friday Sale! Half off everything in the store! How fun! We also went to two Goodwill stores but forgot to take photos of them as we were in the spirit of shopping by then. Haha.



We also needed to go to a Grocery to get a few things for the 'real' house... We found a Super Saver and got what we needed. 


Then, because it was such a nice day, we decided to stop into the Thrift Store in town before we headed home! It's becoming one of my favorites because proxity is important and it's a few minutes away! 



So what did we get? One great thing was these nail kits! The minute I saw them I knew I wanted to buy them and mix them together for a doll kitchen item. See the little bottles of glitter in the lower kit? They were perfectly doll sized for little spice containers or whatnot for the dollies. The little 'fruits' in the other kit would be perfect little 'candies' to go into the bottles! I didn't know for certain if my little idea would work but for $2 total investment, I decided to give it a go...




And I love how they came out!!! Aren't they cute?!?


One caveat!! When I brought home the kits my daughter saw them and said "oh mom I have some of those fruity things in a nail kit I got and never used... do you want them too?" Um, yes! So three of the jars (the more full ones) have an extra "serving" of the fruit bits. So if you decide to get some for yourself, if you want extra full jars, buy two "fruit" kits! I will probably buy a few more if I happen to see them again (Not all Dollar Tree's are created equally!) cos I think they'd be super cute on "baked goods" like cakes made out of bottle caps or whatnot... So I'll be looking for more. When will I learn to just buy twice as much of everything at Dollar Tree! But I always think "what if my idea doesn't work?" I am so cheap I don't even like to to 'waste' a couple of dollars. Haha


I also got these at the Dollar Tree. I needed the extension cords!! I've got some doll lamps for the doll house that I've never been able to plug in because the cords wouldn't reach the plugs in the room. So I was delighted to find some for $1 each! The lights I am going to try and decorate around the doll house with. I don't need them for a tree because I already got a Christmas Tree from Walmart for the Doll House and it's a pre-lit one. Pre-lit tree's are not my favorite but you can't seem to find a non pre-lit tree much anymore... So you gotta do what you gotta do. Right?


What did I get at the Thrift stores? Here is the 'haul' of the day... I don't really 'need' all those many Easter baskets but they are perfectly doll sized and only $1.99 for the whole bag! Had to get them. The molds I am going to try and make some doll sized cakes or cookies with. I love love love the milk jugs! I am going to re-paint them white so they'll look real but they are perfect sized!! SO cute! Naturally the stockings will be for the dollies. The rug beater made me laugh... So old school I wasn't sure what I would do with the Santa shaped bottle but it was too cute to pass up. 


So that was our adventures on Black Friday! What did you do that day?

Better run for now...
Till Next Time!
XXOO
 Heather



1 comment:

  1. Oh My God! You took Frann doll to the neighboring town to get the Fedex item. Thank you so much for showing many things. You know me well. Right! I am brave enough to go any places and like to visit stores to see various items. You made Frann Doll wear warm coat. I feel your warmhearted mind. Really happy to go shopping with you.

    ReplyDelete