Saturday, July 15, 2017

Updated Doll House Floor DIY

Greetings and Salutations Doll Friends!

Doll House floors... I've made them before. My first Doll House floor was made out of some leftover sticky tiles that were left in my prior house's bathroom remodel. I didn't think, at the time, to look for something more suitable than the cardboard box I used as a base. It worked well enough though for the time. It ended up getting ruined by getting wet when we moved a year and a half or so ago and so I made a newer one. The newer one was an improvement over the first but but still had it's flaws... 


So recently, as you know if you're a regular reader of this blog, I have been working on Heartland Doll House, a portable Doll House to be used in my upcoming Heartland Doll Tea Parties. Naturally my doll house needed a floor, or rather four floors since there are four rooms in the doll house.


This time I decided I should try and make them a bit more substantial than before since they would be 'traveling' around. So I went to Lowe's to look for a board the right size... I found these boards that are 24x24inches and they are, in my opinion, perfect!! They were about $5.50 each. I got thefloor tiles on Amazon.com for $9.00 and there were enough to make five 'floors' (I wanted an extra for a vet clinic). So, all five floors cost me about $37 plus tax. Not bad! 


Here is the tag on the wood board. To make a floor all you do is unpeel the backing off the tiles and carefully stick them into place. Four of them will fit. There is a TINY amount of overlap (maybe an 1/8th of an inch?) on one side but not enough to make a difference. 

Here are three of the floors stacked against the wall. I think they look so cool! So, making a doll floor for your doll house needn't be too expensive! Let me know if you make one! I'd love to see photos.

Better run!
Till Next Time!
XXOO
Heather



1 comment:

  1. Thinking the new floors look so cool. We, Korean housewives, also use those kinds of stickers to reform their houses.

    ReplyDelete