Monday, April 9, 2018

Bumbleberry Girls Jaimee Arrives At The Doll House!

Greetings and Salutations Doll Friends,

I never wanted to be one of those bloggers who apologizes at the outset of every post with a 'My life has been super busy and I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while' paragraph... Yet here I am. What can I say? Life moves fast sometimes and then sometimes you get hit with a double whammy of back to back illnessess in the house and, well... You've become the 'apology' blogger. Oh well, what can one do but pick one's self up, dust themselves off and start over again as they say, right? 

Last weekend having been Easter, the Easter Bunny (Ok, my husband) gave me $20 in my Easter basket for some fun money. So what was the first thing I thought to buy? A doll. Of course. The only question then was "which one to buy?" Because now there are two different varietys of 14inch dolls on Amazon that you can get delivered to your door for only $20.00 (saying you have Prime and if you order much from them at all why wouldn't you? Eh?). So I went and looked at my doll wish list to see which I might like to bring home this time. Given that I already have three Glitter Girls in the Doll House, I decided to get a Bumbleberry Girl doll. I have one already named Juliessa and think she's as cute as a bug. The question was which one?? Because, quite honestly, I think they are all adorable. So I kind of eeny-meeny-miny-moed it and which one won? 


Jaimee!! Here she is with a few of the other dolls from the Doll House after she arrived.


Her box was much like the Kindred Heart Dolls that are also made by Lotus Dolls. They must've designed two different kinds of boxes, one for mail order only retailers and one for display in brick&mortar stores. Makes sense... 


Here is the back of the box. Not a lot different than the front. 


And side of box (Alternate side was exactly the same hence no photo)


This is what you see when you open top of box, a cardboard insert to hold her in place.


This is how she looks right out of the box. I have to say I really kind of like this way of packaging because there are not any whats-it's sewn into her hair. They are always exceedingly difficult, I think, to get out. I can't even imagine what a pain they'd be if you had an eager child waiting while you did it. Yikes. It makes me understand how, sometimes, I'll find a doll at the thrift store with all of her whats-it's in her hair still... Someone just didn't care enough to even take them out. I digress...


Here is her sweet little face. Don't laugh but it almost makes me panic to look at her like this, even in the photo. "Get the bag off her head! She will suffocate!!!" Right? But it does keep her nice and scuff free during shipping so hiphiphooray for bags. 


She did have some pony tails in her hair to keep it managable but even still she had the 'stuck her finger in a light socket' look to her. Hahaha. Too funny!


Here she is with some other girls from the Doll House. Back row is Eunju, Batgirl (She will get a new name...?) and Saila. Front row is Juliessa, Emerson (may get new name still) and Shara. She fits right in!!


I realized when I went back to link to the post about when Juliessa came home that I'd never done a proper 'look' at Bumbleberry Girls on the blog yet. So... Another post I need to work on. I guess that is the sign of a good hobby, right? Always something else you want to get done for it. 


So I will have to work on that post soon because I don't recall if I've seen another doll blog do a review of them? *pauses to DuckDuckGo it* Oh! Here is a video review of one Bumbleberry Girl Danica. I didn't watch it but I forwarded through the thumbnails and it doesn't appear that she shows you the body type and such but it'll get you started. I love the channel's name "Fierceplastic"! I love creative monikers to be sure! Hence the name of my blog... Maybe someday I should write a post about how the name Penniless Caucasian Rubbish was born. See? Always something needing written!

Gotta run!
XXOO
Heather



No comments:

Post a Comment