Thursday, September 13, 2018

The Boys Of The Doll Village!! A Group Photo And My Life As Doll Boy Makeover!


Greetings Doll Friends!!

Recently I had a lovely kind comment from a reader of this little blog who also happens to enjoy the YouTube videos I've made... It's always so wonderful to hear from ya'll cos sometimes I forget that I am not just writing this and sending it off into the out reaches of the webs-o-the-world-wide with no hope of it reaching anyone. As a person who's lived through the entirety of the Information Age, there are still days that the internet itself blows my mind and so... Well, whatever, I am rambling. But thanks for the comments when ya'll leave them! It's nice to hear from ya'll! 

One request this reader had was to see an updated post about my boy dolls from the Doll House Village. As it had been quite some time since I had done my last 'Boy Dolls in the Doll House' post, I agreed that it was a great idea! So, this past weekend I got all the boy dolls together and we did a group photo. That sounds a bit easier than it probably is especially given the population of boy dolls around here. Hahaha. I had to reconfigure my 'risers' three times to get them all into a photo! But it was well worth it to get this group. It reminds me a lot of 'class photos' from when I was a kid. Right? 

This is a panorama photo... I think those are so neat!

So who are the boys? Let me run through them for you (all left to right):

Front Row: Randy (black & white shirt) Giuseppe (red shorts) & No-Name-Yet (purple & black shorts

Second Row: Milo (in hat), Adam (grey shirt), Tyler (Blue jersey) Mike (white shirt & tie), Jon (blue sleeves), Kevin (red/white/black shirt), Gabe (gray hoodie), Ash (green/yellow jersey) & Heath (New York jersey)

Third Row: Steve (Hawaiian shirt), Elvis (black shirt), Hector (gray hat), Frank (gray shirt), Bill (white hoodie), Drogo (black leather jacket), PJ (blue button shirt) & Joe (Yellow shirt)

Fourth/Back Row: Paul (green hat), Ashbee (navy jersey), Jamar (black & gray shirt), Josh (plaid shirt), Vito (black/yellow jacket), Omar (blue/yellow), Skywise (hocky helmet), David (striped shirt) & Aubrey (gray shirt). 



So, that's all the boys in the Doll House. Holler if you have any questions about any of them... They are mostly customized from girl dolls obviously. I think they are fantastic! I need to use them in more posts instead of focusing so much on the girls. I'll have to keep that in mind in future posts.




Since I am here talking about boys... I wanted to get your opinion on this guy. I found him at Goodwill for only $1.99 when I found the Food Truck . I already had a boy doll of this exact sort with my Bill Doll and so I knew I'd want to make him over even though his hair was in great shape. My first thought was to give him a blonde wig and make him look like a surfer guy... However, recently, My Life As Doll has released two boy dolls with long hair. Hmmm... So, one day, as I was considering a wig for another doll and had my 'wig bag' out, I ran across this Madame Alexander wig that I'd gotten at Tuesday Morning a while ago. I'd never used it because, while it is a pretty good quality wig, the wig cap is stark white. What?! So pony tails and such don't look all that nice... But... For a boy.... Hmmmm...


I put it on him and I think he looks smashing! I haven't cut off the other hair yet, since it's short I was able to try on this wig over the top but I think it's a keeper. What do you think? 


Well, I better run! Where does the time go? 
Hope you have a great day Doll Friends!!

XXOO
Heather





3 comments:

  1. He looks great. Kind of reminds me of a native aAmerica.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I thought so too! I went to High School in South Dakota and there were twin boys at my school who wore thier hair just like this!! They were Sioux.

      Delete