Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Wellie Wisher Sized Wardrobe From Wakao For Under $23.00! Plus Glitter Girl Sarinia Joins the Doll House!


Hi Doll Friends,

So the other day I was shopping researching on Amazon and I had a product suggestion pop up... A small wardrobe of doll clothes for Wellie Wisher sized dolls for less than $23.00?! What?!


I am weak Doll Friends!! Before I knew what I was doing, Wakeo Doll Clothes Set was in my cart and I blinked at two days were gone and it was here...



They come in this cute little gift box... I love how it says "Interesting Costumes, my favorite". Adorable! Good, too, that they come in a gift box because you could wrap them and put them under the Christmas tree or give as a birthday gift to any little girl who's got 14inch sized play dolls like Wellie Wishers or Glitter Girls. 


Other side of the box is identical except for a sticker with a bar code for inventory purposes. 


Here is what the clothes look like inside the interior bag...


I wish I had thought to take a photo of them when I took them out but... They were very jumbled, wrinkled, some turned-inside-out... However, after smoothing out the skirts (the shirts were not really wrinkled, different sort of fabric) they look pretty great, I think. As for the quality? Well, that kind of depends on your standards and how rough you are with doll clothes. My Granny was a genius seamstress and so I probably have much higher standards than the average bear but...


I took a photo of the inside of one of the skirts so you can see what I mean. With this manner of material, you'd probably want a more finished edge than this if you're going to be handling it a lot. Otherwise it'll probably fray. They do make a product called 'fray check' that would probably help but if you're going to use it, make sure you are 1) an adult or 2) with an adult cos, as I recall, it's some pretty stinky stuff... I digress. So my point is, for an adult collector like myself who is careful with my doll things it will be fine and they all look lovely from the outside. If you're buying this for a child though? You might want to finish the edges for them. 


However, given that it's $23 for FIVE OUTFITS, the quality is pretty great! I really love the tops and think they'll make great mix and matches with some of the Glitter Girl clothes... 

Speaking of Glitter Girls... I went to Target the other day and....
Well....


I couldn't help it!! She followed me home!! Seriously though... I looked at the outfits for a few minutes, which are $9.99 and $12.99 and I thought to myself "I can get an outfit and a whole doll for only $7 more!?" and, I tell you what, I am really good at talking myself into things. I need to stop taking myself shopping researching. Teehee. Not to mention, isn't she adorable!??!



So given that the outfits and the doll arrived at the Doll House at about the same time, I thought it would be fun for some of the dolls to welcome her in the clothes as they were modeling them! 




Aren't they cute!? All the footwear are shoes and boots I already owned from other sets. Obviously they were trying to make 'look-alike' outfits for the Wellie Wishers Doll's Meet Outfits. I think they did a pretty good job really. So, if you're gifting a doll to someone and would like to give them a little wardrobe to go with it for less than $24, this would be a great option!

NEWS FLASH! Just went to the link to add the linky up there and saw that this set is currently on sale for $19.99! I'll hope it still is when you read this post and if you want to buy it! 

Better run!
XXOO
Heather


1 comment: