Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Adora Amazing Girl Sam AKA Dallas Arrives In The Doll House!


Doll Friends!

Amazon has my number! 
Their suggestions get me in the most trouble... Case in point? Adora apparently released a doll line called Amazing Girls that are an Amazon exclusive. I'd seen them before... However, I already had, I thought, all the face sculpts from Adora though and when I'd initially looked at them it looked like they were basically the same Adora dolls I already have but with different outfits...

Until... This lovely little red head popped up in my suggestions... 
What? Who is this??
So the moment I was able to scrape together enough to buy her, she was on her way home to the Doll House!


This is how she arrives, in a cute pink box with polka dots all over it. No window to see her in because obviously, being an Amazon exclusive doll, she won't be sitting on any store shelves. 


The side of the box...


The back of the box...


I'll have to remember to look them up on Facebook and Instagram...? Who knew!?



Pretty "girl power' tissue paper lines the box...


And there is a little card that introduces who she is. 
I am not keeping her name so this story will not be my dolls... 
I am naming her Bryce Dallas after Bryce Dallas Howard because I think she looks just like her! I am going to call her Dallas or Dally as her nickname. 


The other side of the intro card...


When I opened the tissue paper I literally gasped
Her head was all askew?!?! 
It took me a moment to realize they'd actually packaged her that way!!?!
WHY ON EARTH?!?


Interestingly enough she was also shoeless when she arrived. She doesn't have her fingernails and toenails polished with clear polish like my prior Adora Dolls.


Despite being appalled at them shipping her with her head all wonky, I think she is a gorgeous doll!!!



The way she was held in the box was nice, just ribbons you need to untie.


And a little elastic band at her neck. 



Her feet had tissue paper wrapped around them... 


Or actually both of her entire legs were! How funny! I assume to make sure the clothes don't have dye transfer so good on them. 



Here is her back ponytail. 


I just got a new phone and this one has a portrait function!! So Dallas was my first doll to be photographed with it! We had a bit of a blizzard and I had her looking out on the storm! Isn't she beautiful?!










Then I used her as a model for a dress I recently created by upcycling material from a child's sized dress... I'll be making a separate post about that. I love how the dress looks on her though!



Here she is with Alyssa who is modeling another dress I made over the weekend...

So all in all I think Dallas is a lovely doll. Sadly she has a predisposition to having her neck crank to that side anytime you 'shake' her it falls into that position. So annoying! All for what? To save one inch on a box? I really don't understand it? What are your thoughts? 

Better run!
XXOO
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment