Friday, April 12, 2019

Our Generation and Journey Girl Doll Finds at Goodwill And Enthusiasm Returning...


Hi Doll Friends,

Thanks so much to all of you who've reached out and given me such sweet words of encouragement and prayed for me. I know prayer works because I've been feeling more light hearted the last couple of days. Helps I went to church on Wednesday, time with my LifeGroup always helps. Before I went to church, I decided to run into Goodwill and see what they had. Low and behold who did I see but these adorable dolls for only $2.99 each. I know I know... I don't really need any more dolls. But I can't help myself when it comes to Journey Girls ever since ToysRUs went away! And MayLee has always been one of my favorite Our Gen dolls! I am not sure if I'll make this one a twin to Brandi (the name I gave my first May Lee) I have in the Doll House? Then with the Journey Girl I am thinking I might customize her... I have a few wigs still left in my wigs bag and... It sounds like something fun! Which as I mentioned in my last post, has been eluding me lately, enthusiasm... So I'll take it where I can find it. Eh? 


I saw this little chair and am currently kicking myself for having decided against it... It would've been pretty cute for the mini-dolls. Oh well.... Can't buy all the things....! See the two girls in the cart? :) 


Isn't this the Peanut's Christmas Tree


Not normally one to like porcelain dolls but this one was a beauty. She was probably 25 inches tall. 


I was excited when I saw this... Until I saw the price and the condition up close... Maybe if it had been $10-15 I'd have bought it and tried to fix the little places that needed repair but... $29.99 just felt a little rich for me for Goodwill anyway... 



This was a cute little dresser... But I left it there. 


Here are the girls up close...






Dana had this big white mark on her leg but it came off with a magic eraser... 


I also ran by Walmart and, as per my habit lately, I checked the remnants box and found these... Fun!

I better run! I am actually going to a Woman's Worship night and it couldn't have been scheduled on a better weekend! Have a fantastic weekend!

XXOO
Heather 

4 comments:

  1. Two dolls will be Cinderellas by your magic hands and cloth in the remnants box will be their dresses by your magic sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Heather, the comment above is from me. One of my students used my computer and changed the Good ID. I did not notice why my comment was unknown and corrected now. Love my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On second thots, perhaps it is just as well I do not havee your Thrift Store!! I would never make it out with just 2 dolls! Just LOVE those Journey Girl faces. Speaking of faces, in 29 March post with your wonderful little design coordinates, what doll is the one in those last photos in the middle with side-parted hair and the dark hairbow?? And P.S. I think "Designer Coordinates" or a similar phrase most accurately describes your cute mix-and-match dress/outfits for PCRRags. You definitely have a flair for combining prints and colors into Cinderellas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great purchases. I wish shipping to Canada was cheaper. I would hire you as my thrift store purchaser. LOL

    ReplyDelete