Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Pleasant Company American Girl Doll Score At Goodwill For 99Cents!!

 Doll Friends!!

My sweet daughter and I went by a Goodwill on Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving... And low and behold but what did my clever girl find? An American Girl Doll for only 99cents!! I am sure the reason she was marked so low is because she is marked Pleasant Company on the back of her kneck instead of American Girl Doll because I think she might be one of the original Kirsten's from back before American Girl Doll was even called that. Pleasant Company is the name of the company that became American Girl Doll. 
So it was even more of a score!!


She was in pretty great shape too! 
(She was naked when we found her but I threw on a robe so she wouldn't be so cold!) 


As you can see, her limbs are pretty tight... Only one leg droops a bit... 

See here is the mark on her neck...


The fabric of her body is very top notch and her limbs are a bit different plastic than I've seen before...? They are more sturdy feeling but also have a tiny bit of 'give' to them, like they are part rubber? I don't know... Maybe I'm imagining it? 


No 'side tag' on her... And see what I mean about the fabric? It's very very sturdy muslin!


And there is her tag, 99cents!! Amazing! I suspect one reason she was on the shelf is the day we went was the day before Thanksgiving and I suspect that most people were out at the grocery, not the Goodwill! So I think I am going to make a tradition of going to Goodwill the day before Thanksgiving every year! 



Here she is all cleaned up!





I am going to give her a new wig... And low and behold...




Beautifully Custom had a fantastic sale on Black Friday... Above are the three wig's I thought might work. I sent them in a text to my daughter to have her pick because she found the doll! I assumed she'd pick the middle one but wasn't sure. 


I liked this one best of the three...


Sadly the one she liked best was sold out by the time she texted back about a half hour later and told me. Rats! So... I bought both of the other two. Haha.


Since they were selling like hotcakes I decided to buy a third on an impulse. This one is really pretty and honestly would likely be the one that makes the most sense on the doll... So we shall see what I do when I get a chance to try the wigs on. 


I wrote the bulk of this blog a few days ago but am just getting here today to finish it up. So many blog posts in the works, just in various stages of completion. I'm determined to eventually get back to writing more often but this has just been a tough year. So glad New Years will be here and we'll get a fresh brand new year!

I better run!
XXOO
Heather



No comments:

Post a Comment