Sunday, December 1, 2019

Recent Thrift Store Sightings From The Frosty Great Plains


Greetings And Salutations Doll Friends!

I am so buried in blog drafts and get more and more overwhelmed by the enormity of catching up... So I am here to tread water and try and get a few posted. My life has taken so many bad turns this year to where I am loosing more faith in myself by the day... But I keep treading water... 


One thing that has kept me sane, or at least created bubbles of sane, is when I'm able to loose myself into a thrift store. Treasure hunting takes my mind off my 'real life' being mostly in shambles... 


I am so 'off' that I can't even remember, lately, which things I've purchased and which I haven't... Good grief. I literally had to go and look in my dolls to see, for sure, if I bought this Our Generation Doll (above). I did, apparently. I even cleaned her up... Here I am wondering what I did with the PJ's she's wearing...? I'll have to take a photo of her all cleaned up, she's dressed and looking very pretty now. 


I thought this doll was interesting so I took her photo. I think she was about 16inches tall. 



I bought this chair... It's small... I think it will work for the Paola Reina Dolls...?


I thought this baby doll bed was interesting... Baby dolls aren't my thing though... 


I have several Salon Chairs or I might've scooped this one up...



More forlorn porcelain dolls... I wonder what will happen to them as more and more of them are donated to thrift stores and they just sit there...? So sad. 


I really really wanted to buy the table and chairs there on the top shelf but on this day I was just browsing in a store and literally had no way to carry them out of there because I had to walk back to my Jeep and it would've been impossible... I plan to stop back into this store the next time I am in the neighborhood but I'll be very surprised if they are still there. Bummer!!


These 'lamps' were adorable.... They are actually old school Avon purfume bottles and I am sitting here kicking myself for not having bought at least the 'stained glass' one... Ugh. Haha. 


Cute apple tea set... 


I thought about this one for the entire time I was in the store because it was in same one that I had to walk a ways back to my Jeep from... And.... I bought it and lugged it back. Haha. It was only $3.00!!


More forlorn porcelain... 


This little trike stayed there though... It was too small for my dolls really and I coudn't have carried it along with the other one (and the rest of the things I bought) too... 


Cute little bench... WHY didn't I buy it?!




Another cool wood bench I might've bought if I had had a way to get it home that day...


Creepy forlorn porcelain...!


Cool old Barbie clothes case...



I thought this Moana doll had a pretty face... 


I smiled to see this Melissa & Doug washer and dryer... They really do work well for the dolls... I gave mine away to a good friend with granddaughters because I got a different more 'realistic' one since then...



I did buy these bracelets recently... You'll see them in upcoming posts as I put them on dolls for knecklaces

Well, sorry this was probably a disjointed mess but I'm stumbling thru this valley in my life as best as I can... Throw a prayer up for me if you are the praying sort. I can take all the prayer I can get. 

XXOO
Heather 

1 comment:

  1. I hope things right themselves for you soon. So miserable to feel that way. You've got my prayers for sure. It was fun seeing your thrift shop pictures. Ours never has anything worth buying. Take Care.

    ReplyDelete