Thursday, January 23, 2020

Our Generation Deluxe Farmers Market Set


Hi Doll Friends!!

As you may know if you read this blog regularly, the last six months of 2019 were, well, no fun at all for the most part. I guess there are just years like that and I'll hope that was the worst of mine going foward. However, during that time, I had a birthday (in November)...And with some birthday money I got, I bought this adorable Our Generation Deluxe Farmers Market Set. I sort of bought it and then let it sit, in it's box, for when I felt I'd actually get enjoyment from opening it. I finally got it unboxed this last weekend and had some of my newer Our Generation dolls model with it to show you how adorable it is. By the way, about the doll models above, they've yet to be named... I am leaning towards Sookie for the one on the right who is named Ivory from Our Generation. Sookie after Sookie Stackhouse from the book series and show. I loved the books more than the show but I loved Sookie in any case and have wanted to find a doppelganger doll for her. I think I decided as I am typing this that is going to be her name. Heehee.

 Also, when I posted this photo on Instagram, more than one person asked me about the outfit that Sookie is wearing. I am planning a blog post about that soon (got the photos taken, just need to get it done) but... The outfit is a 'one of a kind' outfit I bought from a local lady in my town. I'll try to remember to come back to this post to give you a linky to that story but if you're reading this six months from now and it's not there, I am sure that post will be of the next few

I really think Our Generation has stepped up their game in the last few years and their accessories are absolutely on par with American Girl Doll, which is so often considered the industry standard in this doll size. The lovely thing about Our Generation is that you don't have to mortgage your house to buy them. Teehee... Or maybe that's just me and my own doll hoard collection. 


I think this set is going to be perfect for Charlsea's Farmer's Market's  in the future. I love the tomatoes and peppers! They all are singles and come out of the boxes they are in. I think the bundled carrots and turnips are adorable too! I love that it came with a blueberry pie because I can use that in other scenes as well. Oh, what can I say, I love the whole set! The apples don't come out of the basket but I am good with that because that would be a mess and I have lots of 'single' apples anyway. So, I'll look forward to incorporating this set into my Farmer's Market Youtube Video and to use the veggies and pie in other scenes as well. Great set! 
Well done Our Generation!

Better run!
XXOO
Heather



1 comment:

  1. I love this set. I've been wanting it for quite some time, so hopefully some day soon :)

    ReplyDelete