Saturday, May 26, 2018

Recent Thrift Store Adventures And Finds!

Hi Doll Friends!
It's been a while since I did a Thrift Store Window ShoppingThrift Store Find or Goodwill Score post! So here are some of the photos I've taken of dolls I think are pretty but would never buy (like porcelain dolls). Or doll items I see at Thrift Stores that I think are perfect for dolls but that I don't need any more of. 


This one was tempting just to buy and steal her amazing outfit... But it made me sad to think of stealing this pretty dolls clothes because she is one of the more adorable porcelain dolls I've ever seen. 


I thought this little gal had such a sweet face, I had to photograph her. 


A china cabinet I saw and didn't buy... Ouch. Hard to do. But I have enough big china cabinets in the doll house already. Isn't it pretty? There were actually two identical ones but I only photo'd the one. 


This one was REALLY tempting but... I talked myself out of it. I can't really recall, now, looking at the photo, why I did? Hahaha. It would've been perfect! But... I don't want my dolls to end up on Extreme Hoarders and so... I walked away. 


Same store, another amazing cabinet. Here's me at the store, muttering to myself:
"No no no! I don't need more doll furniture!" 
I'm sure I look really nuts sometimes. Meh... What can you do?


Isn't it amazing? So much storage. Why did I leave it there again?


Oh well, it's gone now... Neat though.


Once upon a time I would've bought this christmas ornament in a snap but... Surprising even myself, I passed it up. It's blown glass and very fragile and... Well... No thanks. Would've been cute in Sweet Shoppe though. 


More doll chairs! Nope. I have enough chairs to seat a doll banquet by now... But... cute!


I have this exact desk... Mine isn't painted white though... If I had unlimited space, I'd have grabbed it so it'd be another seat in a doll classroom but... Space is finite!


Another cute doll sized cabinet (jewelry box)



I found this sad and interesting at same time. Someone obviously donated their entire collection of dolls to the thrift store. I am betting it was an estate of someone and the people who inherited their goods are not doll people. I imagine they never go taken out of the boxes until they arrived a the thrift store. Someone's meticulously maintained collection given away un-enjoyed really. Life is short. If you love dolls, I say display them! Even if you have to rotate them once a month or something... In any case... lots of interesting dolls. 



Help! We can't breathe!! 
Heeheehee.







This is Barbie sized stuff but... I totally had this exact same blow up furniture for my Barbies!! Had to photo them!




And a few items I brought home....










I didn't buy the chairs but... After photographing this set, planning to walk away, I was like "Fuggetaboutit." And bought the table. So glad I did honestly because it's top notch and... well... I have lots of dolls who need a place to eat!


I couldn't pass this up... Squeakies are perfect 'toys' for the dolls!! They are sized right and being 'squishy' the dolls can often hold them easily. This bag was full of Hello Kitty ones too and my Carissa Doll LOVES Hello Kitty! Had to have them! Whole bag was only $5.00. How could I not?



I got some great ones!! So cute!!


Another fantastic find was this Gotz Doll hairbrush. I have two doll hairbrushes already but they are always getting misplaced so... Having a spare is always good! I can leave on in the doll's traveling bag this way and never be out taking photos and not have one! New in package and only $1.49!
 Nice!


Well that's it for thrift store adventures this time around... What great things have you found at thrift store lately for your dollies? 

XXOO
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment