Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Hazel Eyed Newberry Josie Joins The Doll House!!

Doll Friends,

I didn't plan on buying a doll this last weekend... But I got a bit of Doll Mad Money unexpectedly and so off I went, shopping researching on eBay... You know... Just to see if there was anything I might need or anything new I hadn't seen yet. Teehee. What can I say? Some girls spend their money on expensive coffees, mani/pedi's and/or new clothes (etc.) but when I get money my first thought is "What other dolls (or accessories) do I have on my wish list... Hmmmm...?"


Recently Lotus soft bodied 18inch dolls have slowly been overtaking the top spot in my favorites over my beloved Tolly Tots. I imagine it helps that they are still being produced! Haha. If Tolly's were still being made, I bet they'd be giving all the doll producers a run for their money. In any case, I've really begun to love the Lotus dolls... In no small part, I am sure, because Frann Doll and Pamela Doll and Radel Doll and Sharon Doll and Cat Doll are some of my favorite dolls because they are named after some of my favorite people! 


So anyway... What did I see on eBay but a Newberry Josie doll... However, for whatever reason, this one had hazel eyes, not blue eyes like I'd seen on other Josie dolls in the past. I don't know if it's just me but I tend to think that hazel eyes are a bit rare in the doll world so I am always tempted to buy dolls that have them. So... when I saw this one that I could get to my door for about $30.00 (which was the exact amount of my windfall of Doll Mad Money) I didn't even think... I just bought her. 



She got here crazy fast! Faster than Amazon even! I ordered her on Saturday and she was on my doorstep by Monday! Nice!!


Her box was pretty standard for Lotus Dolls in general... Not a lot of frou-frou, just a photo of other dolls in line and a pink patterened box. 


Her hair was sectioned off in clear bands to keep it from being messy...


I took the opportunity to take her in to town with me for work and, on way home, stopped at one of my favorite parks to take some photos of her. 


Isn't she pretty?!



Her outfit wasn't really very spring like but I wanted to show you what she looks like when she arrives... I'll have to take some more 'season appropriate clothing' photos of her soon. 


As is my usual when I get a new doll and get to taking photos, I just couldn't stop taking photos of her. LOL





So I am sure she'll be a great addition to the Doll House! I haven't decided on a name for her yet but when I do, I'll come back and update you on what it is. 

Better run!
XXOO
Heather




No comments:

Post a Comment