Monday, August 13, 2018

Craigslist American Girl Doll Clothes & Accessories Haul For The Doll House!!


Hi Doll Friends!

I very rarely check Craigslist for doll items... Just never have had good luck finding much on there. However, I was going to be off work last Friday morning and was going into 'town' so I figured I'd look and see what Garage Sales were planned. The first thing I do when I do go to Craigslist is to put 'American Girl Doll' in the search engine. If there is a Garage Sale with AG (or other doll line) items I want to be sure and go to that one first! So I didn't have any 'garage sales' come up with AG items. However, I did find a listing from like a month prior with an amazing amount of American Girl and other premium doll lines for only $35.00! I was kicking myself because if I'd have been watching the posts I would've gotten it. I half heartedly wrote the seller and said "I assume this is sold but if not be sure and let me know!!" It wasn't a half hour and she wrote back that it was still for sale!! Woot!! We met at Target Starbucks (cos Craigslist can be scary, I always go inside a public place!) and here is what I got:


So. Many. Amazing. Fun. Things! 
It even included Julie's hat and belt from her original meet outfit!! SCORE! I had been looking for those very things to finish the outfit! That alone would've made me happy but... There was so much cool stuff!! Meatloaf the AG dog was originally like $22.00 all by himself!


Everything was in pristine if not nearly new condition! 
Well done to the original owner!! I'll take really good care of all of it, I promise!


There was an old school flip phone which made me smile. Technology moves so quickly! I am sure it was the top of the line thing when the 15 year old girl who sold me the stuff was playing with her dolls. I think it's fabulous. I am going to give it to one of my dolls who are based on an 'older' person and make the story line that they refuse to move on to Smart Phone technology. How fun.


There were four AG earrings... Now I'll have to pierce some doll ears... Hmmmm....


The shoes!! Worth every cent I spent just by themselves! I've wanted those SophiaDoll's plaid shoes!! I love the canvas sneakers... I don't think I've ever seen them before. The awesome 'knit' boots are also American Girl Doll brand. So adorbs! I have a pair of the True Spirit brown boots but they'll be perfect for Twinsy outfits!! The hiking boots are going to be perfect for my boy dolls!


The girl had kept all her doll items carefully in the American Girl doll accessories boxes she had gotten a few of them in. (Julies casual outfit and Meatloaf the Dog were the boxes, in case you're curious like I would be) I love how good a care she took of all of it. Makes me smile.


Here are the outfits... Some of them are American Girl Doll and a few are Sophia's Dolls.


With a few Battat thrown in...


Along with some hand made dresses... The amazing coat is by Sophia Dolls!


The PJs are cute but are actually Circo dolls baby doll clothes. I am sure I'll pass them on to a friend who has granddaughters that love doll clothes and have a whole lot less than I do. Teehee.

Such a great find!! I am going to check Craigslist more often going forward I think!
Better run!
XXOO
Heather

1 comment: