Sunday, May 1, 2016

Build A Bear Clothes Thrift Store Score!!

Greetings and Salutations Doll Friends!

Recently I went to a thrift store and saw a huge bag of what looked like BuildABear clothes. I do mean a huge bag too! Think garbage sack for the kitchen! Trouble was, it was a huge jumbled mess and I couldn't tell what shape they were in or, really, what was really in the bag... I've bought "grab bags" of doll clothes before and ended up with half baby clothes. So, it was a gamble... The bag was $16.99... If they were all BuildABear clothes it's be a smoking deal! If they were in bad shape and/or if it was half baby clothes, not so much.  


Here is the jumbled heap:


I didn't think to take a photo of the bag itself... It was clear and tied at the top. 


This is all the clothes after I sorted thru them and laid them out more orderly... It is a huge lot of clothes. 

I am not sure if I've posted much about it because B-A-Bear clothes are pretty expensive new! I've found some 2nd hand but they are usually pretty costly too. So I haven't talked a whole lot about how they work pretty well for 18" dolls. Other than one thing...



The waist is too big! So the shorts fall off! Also, being B-A-Bear clothes, they have a hole in the bottom of shorts (etc) for the tail of the bear. So... To make them work well, they need to be altered in the slightest bit.


For the shorts, how I alter them is to just make a strait seam in back to make the hole closed.



Then I cut off the excess.


And now they fit well. The shirts are a bit loose but they just look like a shirt that is loose because you like them that way... Or like school clothes at beginning of year, with room to grow into. 


I've only had the chance to alter a few since I got them... 




But there some very cute outfits!! I'll be working on them over the next few weeks. I was so glad to see quite a few that will work for the boy dolls. The alteration process is different for other kinds of outfits so I'll photo the process of others as I go along. 

Till next time!!
XXOO
Heather











No comments:

Post a Comment