Monday, December 28, 2015

Vintage Sekiguchi La Cheri Doll Collection So Far...

Greetings Doll Friends!!

One of my smaller but most favorite collections of dolls are my Vintage Sekiguchi dolls. I have two that are 18inches tall and one that is 14inches tall as a little sister in the doll house. I know I say this about all the dolls I talk about but I really love these dolls. They are so sweet and well made and original and top notch... I'd have more of them but I am trying to be good. There is generally always one on my 'watch' list on eBay though... Just in case. Eh?


Here they are. I got Magdelene and Salome first and then found Selah...


You can find Magdalene's home coming story here. She is one of my most favorite dolls... If I had to pair down to like 10, she'd be one of them for sure let's just say. 


I just love her sweet face.


The second of them to come home you can read Salome's homecoming story here.


It's so interesting how just a different color hair can change a dolls appearence. The face mold and coloring is almost exactly the same on Salome as it is on Magdalene but they don't look like twins or anything at all... To me anyway. Although they'd have at least been friends, being as Salome is named after John's mother and she traveled with the disciples along with Mary Magdalene. I love Bible stories... I digress...


Selah was sort of a spur of the moment purchase. I'll admit when I found her I didn't realize she was 14inches tall and didn't discover that until she was home even though it plainly said it in the listing. (I didn't know much about Sekiguchi's at the time, onl that I loved them!) You can read Selah's homecoming story here.


So there you have it. These dolls were produced prior to American Girl Doll's by Mattel and made in Japan. They are on par with the quality as they were pretty pricey back in the 1980s as you'll read about in their homecoming blogs. Definately worth adding to your collection if you can find one on eBay for a good price!!

That's it for now doll friends!!
Till next time!
XXOO
Heather







No comments:

Post a Comment