Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Vintage Mint In Box 1982 Sekiguchi Sala Doll Joins the a Doll House


Greetings and Salutations Doll Friends!!

If you've been following my blog, you'll know that we recently had a new addition named Magdalene. She is a La Cheri doll by Mattel from 1982 that I got on eBay recently for $10. She has such a pretty face, I just had to know more about her and the price was so reasonable that I bought her just so I could see what she was all about. I am so glad I did! I love her so much! She has immediately become one of my favorite dolls! If you missed the post, you can read all about it here:


So... Being me, I researched and researched her and, as we've already discussed, one of my most reliable sources of research is eBay. Go ahead and laugh, but it's true. You can find anything in the world on eBay, I am convinced. So, as I was researching, I came across Sala. She was also made in 1982 and was completely Mint-in-Box. Her BuyItNow price was so low that before I knew it, I'd bought her and she was on her way to the doll house!!


Here she is in all her adorable glory! I took a photo of her strait away as she was opened up but the photo was bad quality in my excitement to get her out and look her over!


Here she is with Magdalene! So happy to reunited with one of her family members after over 30 years in a box! Magdalene was pretty stoked too. 


Here they are on my real couch together. You know I must've been excited to take photos! I usually set a whole elaborate scene up to photograph in but I just wanted to look her over! 


Here is the hang tag she had on. I think she was in an antique store for quite some time. She smelled the tiniest bit musty and a bit like cigarette smoke too. Not that it bugged me too much. I am old school and lived in a time where nearly everything smelled like cigarette smoke! So... I just undressed her and put her clothes in the wash. Figured I wanted to report on how they held up in the washer anyway, why not find out now. 


The clothes these dolls came in was amazing. Top notch stuff!! They pre-dated velcro (I know!?) and so they have snapped closures. I actually prefer this because Velcro has a tendency to stick to the clothing and tangle in hair. So I am pleased as punch!


Sala had a bit of a different body than Magdalene did. Her body fabric is a bit of a darker shade, like she has a great tan. 


I wanted to change her into fresh clothes and so first I tried on my My Friend Doll clothes. They are obviously much thinner in the body than Sala because I couldn't get it to fasten in the back. So, I put her in some American Girl Doll Clothes. The jeans are actually some ill-fitting capri's I got on a cheaper doll once and nearly threw out because they fit so poorly on the 18inch dolls. I kept them though, thinking some doll might fit into them. They were perfect for Sala, even in length!


The other dolls decided to make her dinner! Kid food of chicken nuggets but with a side of peas to keep it healthier!


Here we have the girls hanging out in the kitchen!


Reunited, Magdalene and Selah are so happy! I love them both! I think there will be more of this type of doll in the Doll House in the future too. Just gotta save my pennies to get another one!




I wanted to show the fabulous box they came in originally! Magdalene didn't come with her box and so I didn't have one to show with her but the boxes are super nice! Great place to store dolls if you need to for a while. 

Well, that's it for now! Thanks for dropping by! See you next time!











No comments:

Post a Comment