Sunday, September 24, 2017

Six Thrifted Dolls Ready For Makeovers In The Doll House!

Hi Doll Friends,

So... Yeah...

'My name is Heather and I am addicted to buying forlorn mistreated dolls from thrift stores."


So here are a few of the latest I've found recently... I am sure I'll be referencing back to this post when they get fixed up or made-over. 


I suspect this poor gal is going to be a body transplant doll. I don't know if you can tell but I think perhaps someone left her in the heat of the sun and then some pressure was applied or something. Because her face is kind of smashed in a little bit. I probably would've left her at ths store but I liked her dress and know I will eventually need a new body for some doll or other. 


I don't think you can tell every well in the photos but her race looks misshapen in person.


Then this doll, again, I bought because 1) she had cute clothes on and 2) she is a 'deluxe' OG doll, meaning her body can pose and I've gotten to where I really do prefer that body type. I am sure she will become a boy or get re-wigged because I already have a red-headed brown-eyed OG doll that I got at the flea market last year. 


This gal is also likely to get a wig change because I have this doll too. I tried to find the post where I got her originally but I couldn't seem to locate it. But trust me, I own her, her name is Breanna. Teehee... 


This poor gal is definately getting a new wig. It's on the way. I plan to sort of make her a sister to Prism Doll because she has very similar bright green eyes. Her dress is what I was really after, I washed it up and it's gorgeous!




Here is the cute outfit on one of the dolls... It is yet another thing I already have one of but it'll be fun to dress Heather and Frann doll as twins in them. I need to have another yoga class in the Doll House and it'd be fun to have them dress as twins for that. See the price? For $1.99 (minus my card holder discount so even cheaper) how can I NOT buy her? The outfit is worth at least that. So, it's like a free doll! Right?


When I got the red headed doll out of her clothes I came across this puzzle... Someone had wrapped her whole torso in tape? Maybe to make the tags lay down? Maybe because she had a little hole in her torso that they didn't want to get worse? Who knows? I took it off, naturally and gave her a few stitches to close her up. 




These two little ladies I found just this last week. The one on the left is also a 'deluxe' doll and she has a super cute outfit on that's in great shape. She was $3.99. The one on the left I bought despite what was likely a stain on her mouth and cheek. It looked like someone put lipstick on her and then smeared it off and then left it. She had on a cute dress and one shoe (wish she'd have had other one because it's a cute shoe!) and a very cute sundress on. Her hair actually looked to be in pretty great shape and so I think she'll probably keep it. 


I have just the wig for this Our Generation doll... I've been waiting for a doll to come along with the right color blue eyes and here she is. 


So watch upcoming posts for the developments of these thrifted girlies... I am sure they will all go on to be great dolls in the doll house!

Till Next Time!
XOXO
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment