Monday, September 25, 2017

Our Generation From Goodwill Gets A Rainbow Wig! Meet Sorbet!

Greetings and Salutations Doll Friends,

Back in July, I made over a Madame Alexander Mary doll with a rainbow wig. I thought she was so cute when I made her over but the more and more I looked at her, the more I thought perhaps I'd made a mistake. Maybe it's because I'd named her originally Mary after Jesus's mother and so changing her name felt like a bit of a betrayal or something? So I decided to order a different wig to put her back to her former self. I'll be posting a blog about that soon because her wig came about a week ago and she looks stunning in it! Meanwhile, since I decided the rainbow wig wasn't for her, I had it as a spare. I wasn't sure who was going to end up with it? Until...

I happened into Goodwill recently and found this little pale blonde lady with chopped hair... And I knew immediately she'd be perfect in the light pastel rainbow wig. 


She was in perfect shape other than her hair... And honestly they didn't do too terrible of a job with her little bob hairstyle. I already had the wig or I might've tried to work with it to see if I could make it look nice as it was. 


She was only $1.99 and the American Girl Doll shirt she was wearing was worth at least that! I have one of this shirt already because it happened to be the shirt my daughters first American Girl Doll of the Year came in! So I am stoked to have two so I can use them as twinsies outfits!! Fun!


So here she is before her makeover. Notice her little tights have holes and runners in them? I am totally even going to keep them. I'll put them on a doll as a ballet dancer because ballet dancers always have holes and runners in their practice wear and that'll be a cute detail! 


Here is the back of her... See what I mean? I might've been able to work with that hair but... I also thought she'd look totes adorbs with the pastel rainbow colored hair and so I cut it all off. The more dolls I customize, the more easy it is to just go for it. I mean, for $1.99 with that shirt, she was basically a free doll. So, I'll make her over with reckless abandon, right? Haha.


So here she is standing in Frann Doll's bedroom to show you her hair. She is a bit shy but she whispered that she loves it! I decided to name her Sorbet because her hair reminds me of an icecream shoppe. 


And here she is with Mary in her new wig!! See what I mean? Mary looks gorgeous! Her original brown hair was pretty but this new raven black wig from Muzi Wigs on Amazon makes her even more beautiful. I've changed her back to her original name, obviously. Since Jesus was from the middle east, I think she could've reasonably had brown or black hair and so it still works pefectly. So, I am happy with how it all worked out and love both dolls after their transformations!! I tell you, doll makeovers are addictive!! 

Side note, Muzi Wigs on Amazon seemingly have started their wigs on the cheaper end until they establish themselves. I bought Mary's black wig for $13.90 and it has since gone up to $19.99. So... I think I may go make a wig order on the remaining ones I want while they are still on the cheap side. I've had a couple on my wish list that just came out in late August that are still $9.99 and I think I'll get them while they still are! Here is a link to them, they have like five different colors available (look for 'options' drop down menu). These wigs are pretty great although obvioulsy they aren't quite as nice as the Beautifully Custom wigs, the prices are much more palatable! I've purchased several now and have been pleased with them. Although I think Daenerys's wig might drive me a little batty with it's volumes of curls! Not a style I think I'll order again because the tangle factor will be strong with that one. LOL. 

Better run!
Till Next Time!
XXOO
Heather






No comments:

Post a Comment