Friday, August 11, 2017

Most Recent Custom Doll! Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, First of Her Name, the Unburnt, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, and Mother of Dragons!

Greetings and Salutations Doll Friends!

Game Of Thrones... If you watch it and are addicted like I am, you might get a kick out of this post. I love to make custom dollies and my most recent is: 

Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, First of Her Name, the Unburnt, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, and Mother of Dragons


I bought the wig weeks ago and thought I had the perfect doll for her... Until I read a bit more about the Daenerys in the books and discovered that the character in the book has violet eyes. So, despite them not following that detail in the show (why not I wonder? They could've pulled it of with CGI! But I digress) I wanted her to be an accurate portrayal of the character not the actress. Well phooey... Dolls with lavendar colored eyes aren't too easy to come by. So I set the wig aside and kind of put it out of my mind. 


Until yesterday!! Look at this lovely little lady I found at Goodwill for $3.99!! When I first saw her I thought "Hmm.... another blonde, blue eyed Our Generation doll... I am not sure I need one..." Until I picked her up and looked closer at her eye color... While not actually violet, they are a very violet sort of shade of blue. In my mind, that's likely as close as I am going to get save buying the special colored eyes and customizing an American Girl doll or something. That's not something I am keen to do because it can get quite costly!


Here is the wig I bought. I got it off Amazon from Muzi Wigs for only $15.99! It's really pretty and I think a good deal... However even this early on in the game I can tell those curls are going to be super hard to maintain! So, I don't think I'd recommend this wig for a doll a child is going to play with. It'd be a tangled mess in no time. As an adult collector though, it'll be the perfect wig for my Daenerys!



Can you tell the color of her eyes? Let me tell you, she was a bit of a mess when I found her. Quite dirty...


I could've probably saved her hair had I wanted to but... I chopped it all right off!!


And here she is!! I haven't glued the wig down yet because I find that so nerve wracking but I think she looks gorgeous!! She is actually my second doll in the doll house based on a Game Of Thrones character. I made a Jon Snow doll as a boyfriend to one of my oldest friends in the world Leanne. Although he got a few freckles when I was on a freckle kick  a while ago. So he might not be quite as accurate as he once was. Who knows though, Jon Snow might've gotten freckles if he hadn't been from the North were I imagine there is not a lot of sun. *giggles* Yes, I am a GOT geek. Not as bad as some people I know... There are so many stories and sub-plots that I can't keep track of it all sometimes. I do know that I love Daenerys best of all the girls in the show though and that's saying something. Perhaps I'll make an Arya Stark too someday? Because she's a real close second favorite. 



I can't wait to find some Dothraki clothes for her and photograph her by a horse I recently thrifted that will look just like hers does in the show! Someone in one of my Doll Groups on Facebook suggested I make a Khal Drogo doll... So now I have that stirring in my head.... What would he look like do you suppose? I try to make them look like they would've as a 10-12 year old child. What are your thoughts? I think I am going to have to make one now.... How can she not have her husband afterall? Hahaha. 


Here she is next to the TV version of Daenerys. Isn't she striking? I think the doll is pretty good doppelganger for her. What do you think? If you watch Game Of Thrones, who are your favorite characters? If you don't, please don't judge me if you watch it and are shocked by all the horrible violence and killing... It has good plots but it is utter debauch really. The characters and storyline pull you in though so if you start watching and are lost to the world for three days binge watching, don't think you're the first person ever to do that. I may know a person or two that's happened to once.
*giggles*

Better run!
XXOO
Heather

4 comments:

  1. Wow your Dany is awesome, cant wait to see what outfits you do, hope you can find her some little dragons. I'm a GOT fan also, but haven't yet thought about making dolls myself. I was kind of hoping there'd be Barbie sized ones with full articulation and perfect face molds to match the actors someday.
    A favourite character? I'm not sure I can say just one, I think Arya Stark is the character I want the most to survive and succeed, like to find out what Samwell Tarly is up to, and Sir Bron of the Blackwater, and I have to giggle over the Wildlings infatuation with Brianne of Tarth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Golly I am sorry I apparently didn’t answer this comment... It made me smile this morning! I hope this finds you having a fantastic day! ❤️

      Delete
  2. https://anamericangirlmom.blogspot.com/2017/08/game-of-thrones.html
    I did an GOT post on my blog that I thought you might wanna check out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took a peek and was impressed! I want to take a closer look at all your blog posts!! Too little time to play and read about dolls! But I'll be back to read more too! Thanks for sharing! <3

      Delete