Tuesday, February 6, 2018

American Girl Doll Brand Doll Clothes Goodwill Find!

Doll Friends!

I've been meaning to come and tell you about this for weeks... But other things keep catching my time and attention so this draft has just been sitting here undone. So, in the vein of getting a 'better than nothing' post about them up, I will tell you about them now. 


Sometime in mid December? I found all these fabulous clothes at Goodwill for $5.99. Which is an amazing, fantastic, awesome and unheard of deal!! Several of them are actually American Girl Doll brand clothes and all in reasonably good shape!! I only really took the above photo and this next one of the clothes other than the inside tags because I wanted to get them pressed and on dolls to model... The only one I managed to get photographed on a doll yet was Frann Doll wearing the denim top and red flowered skirt outfit in this post. She's in the top photo on the right hand side... It was the only photo I took of her in the outfit (duh?!) before I changed her into something else. So many blog post ideas, so little time!! Right?


There is this fabulous purple dress which is Emily's Holiday Outfit and no longer made. It was $28 new!


Then there were flowered PJs. 


And the red flowered skirt that Frann was wearing...


And this Red Vinyl jumper


All of the clothes were crammed into this bag that even included a baby doll! It also had a few people sized clothes and a baseball cap and randomly enough, a soccer shin guard?? So it was like someone randomly cleaned up a childs room and just stuffed everything on the floor into bags in random fashion or something? But it was a clear bag and I was able to move some of the clothes around to peek at what was there enough to know that I would get at least $5.99 worth of good stuff out of it. They tape the bags closed for obvious reasons and so you don't know for sure what you're getting until you open the bag up and look closer after you buy it.


I sorted the bag out right in my car and put all the stuff I didn't want back into the bag and drove right through the donate line and gave it back to them. No need to bring it home, right? So, Doll Friends, always look carefully if you happen to see a big jumbled bag of stuff in a thrift store. You never know what might be in them!

I'll try and get some good photos of dolls in the outfits soon and link back to this post when I get them done. Posting this in it's sort of 'raw' form might just be the fire I needed lit under myself, eh? 

Better run! Morning blog writing time passes faster than just about any other time of the day!! Have a fantastic Tuesday!!
XXOO
Heather


2 comments:

  1. I got a bag of clothes that I hoped would fit my 18" dolls, and I believe they are for My Twinn. I don't have one of those, so I'm going to ebay them. I'll get my money's worth, but still disappointed they weren't what I wanted. Point being, yeah, you never know what you'll get in those bags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete