Thursday, March 15, 2018

A Fond Farewell Toys R Us!

Doll Friends,

I am sure you've read the news, as I have, about Toys R Us closing all thier US Stores. I am so sad about this news. It's the end of an era for sure... I know it's online shopping that has likely been the catalyst for their demise. As a frequent online shopper, I feel a tiny bit wretched about likely being part of the cause. *sigh* I suspect many 'brick and mortar' stores will follow suite soon enough. People are just shopping differently than they once did. I'll try not to feel too badly as I have purchased nearly their entire Journey Girl line and I don't even want to discuss how much money we've spent on Lego's in that store. Toys R Us was the last big chain toy store left though and so it's really sad to think that no child will ever walk into a magical store filled to the rafters with nothing but toys toys toys. I don't know about you, but I can barely walk into the building without singing jingle from the Toys R Us commercial of my childhood. Who wouldn't want to be a Toys R Us kid? Right? So, on our way to church yesterday evening, my daughter and I decided to stop in for old times sake and take what will perhaps our last walk through Toys R Us. *sob* Seriously, I just got a sad feeling in my heart as I typed that... End of an era for my girlie and me too... She's growing up so fast!! I digress... I guess I should've taken photos of more of the rest of the store when I was there... But nope. I just photographed the American Doll Section. Teehee. That's one thing I'll miss is that I could just walk in and see the AG items in person and buy them without shipping charges. (Don't you just hate paying shipping charges?!?) So, here are the photos I took during our visit.


It really is kind of like having an American Girl Doll Store in town. 


As I was taking the photos I was thinking "I wonder if they'll sell these nifty plastic display boxes?!" Cos how neat would it be to set up scenes that stayed more dust free? Terrible I know... Already looking to clear the store out of thier neat items. Who am I? A monster?! Hahahaha. Still, they are pretty cool! Even to display collections of dolls... Me wants! I wonder if you can buy such things on the market elsewhere... Hmm... I digress... Again... 


This little pop up camper is cute but honestly I like my Our Generation camper better... And the price of mine wouldn't pay the taxes on this one so, yeah, I love mine. 


Our Generation just came out with a very similar ice cream cart too... American Girl is going to have to step up thier game if they want to stay the industry standard. Just saying... Right?



Poor dear fell over and I couldn't reach her to stand her back up...!


Um... Where are the dolls in this scene? It's like they ran to the kitchen to get something to drink or something. *amused*


I'd seen this before a long while ago but was shocked to discover how this little Wellie Wisher playhouse isn't really all that much nicer than my wood Doll House from Sam's Club that I got for like 10% of the price of this one... I actually think I like mine better because there isn't parts of it that are plastic like there are on this one.... Hmmm.... Interesting. 



Pets!!


Someday.... She will live in the Doll House... Someday...


How sweet.

So that's it for now Doll Friends! What is your favorite thing about Toys R Us? I am thinking perhaps I will step up my plans to get a few more Journey Girls to as soon as possible before they are gone forever. 

Till next time!
XXOO
Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment