Thursday, November 2, 2017

Style Girl Compared To Wellie Wisher Doll!


Greetings and Salutations Doll Friends!!

Last week I heard about Big Lots having Style Girl 18inch and 14inch dolls and so I went in to the store to check them out.  I even bought an outfit to try out... On that day they asked me if I wanted to sign up for their 'club card' thing so they could send me special offers and I signed up because why not have offers of good deals, eh? So, low and behold, they emailed me a coupon for $5 off a purchase of $15 or more. Well, guess how much the 14inch glitter girls cost? That's right, $15! So,
I bought a 14" Style Girl Sunday since the coupon made her only $10. Her outfit was worth that, that unicorn! So cute!


Am really impressed at quality for cost! They are nearly identical to Wellie Wishers other than hair quality. Figured I'd show y'all how she was compared to a Wellie Wisher Doll from American Girl


Here is the side of the box. Her name is Quinn although I am sure she won't keep that name... 


There are three different 14inch Style Girls in the line, Quinn, Skylar and Piper. I won't lie, I mainly chose Quinn because her outfit was my favorite of the two they had at the store I went to... 


Here are a few of my other 14inch (and 15inch) dolls standing with her so you can see how they all look side by side. From left to right there is Stephanie Doll (a 15inch vintage Battat Little Friend), Simone (a Heart for Hearts doll), Adilyn (Wellie Wisher) and Marley (A Melissa and Doug Doll)



Pretty simple box and only three ties to cut and she's out of the box!


Here she is!


And the back of her....


She is marked 'New Adventures' on the back of her neck.


I have to tell you I was kind of shocked at how similar they are!!



They have nearly identical feet both is size and shape...


See? You can barely tell, without knowing which was which, what doll's feet are the Wellies and which are the Style Girl's feet. 


Their hand shape is exactly the same as best as I can tell.


I was also delighted at how 'heavy/ and 'sturdy' the Style Girl is... She's not exactly the same quality as the Wellie but honestly her arms, legs and hands are all a nice vinyl and her torso is made out of a sturdy, although harder, plastic. They really aren't all that much different when it comes to body shape.


They both have marks on their back about who they are. 


The Style Girl has 'New Adventures' on her back.


And the Wellie has American Girl... (and a bunch of other writing... Kind of too much in my opinion but she's always wearing clothes so I guess it doesn't matter all that much... But way to write a novel on her back there AG?!


Here is Adilyn in the Style Girls outfit and the Style Girl wearing Wellie Wisher clothes. Perfect fits on both!


Here is the new Style Girl with some of her new sisters from the Doll House. 


So, all in all, she's a pretty nifty little doll for a quarter of the cost of a Wellie Wisher. Obviously she can't be perfect... Her hair is rooted and like my 18 Inch Style Girl Isla, her hair is a bit on the thin and 'not too great' hair quality. I mean, it's workable but just not as thick and lovely as I like my Dolls Hair to be. So I am absolutely postive she is going to get new hair at some point in the future. I even already have a few wigs in her size on my watch list on eBay. I'm betting she'll end up with a rainbow type wig because I don't have any 14 inch dolls with 'fun' colored hair and now that I have several 18inch dolls with it, I need one, right!? She'll look adorable in a rainblow wig I think!

My recent obsession with 14inch dolls was sort of started by the recent release of Glitter Girls by Battat. I've stopped into Target at least 10 times in the last few weeks just checking to see if they'd made it to the shelves yet and no luck at all. I've also been searching online at Target and in Google... Well, I guess algorithms can sometimes be a good thing because this past weekend Amazon had a pop up and they are selling the Glitter Girls on Amazon!! So... I ordered two and an outfit and they actually arrived yesterday but it was church night and I didn't have much of a chance to look them over at all... So I'll be back soon to tell you all about them and show you which ones I got.

Better run!
XXOO
Heather



1 comment:

  1. Really enjoyed your post. In the toy collector's world, there are always 'knock-offs' of the most popular items,which explains the similarities in their molds. Especially with all the factories being in China. And toy companies have a long history of sharing molds. Dolls from the fifties and sixties can be really hard to identify if they aren't marked and aren't in their original outfits. Take a look at Sun Rubber's markings for the "Bannister babies" designed by artist Constance Bannister sometime! Practically a whole back with patent numbers and 'pat. pending' added!

    ReplyDelete