Saturday, October 10, 2015

18inch Doll Clothes by Springfield: A Great Deal!

Greetings and Salutations Doll Friends!

As many of you know, I love to make doll clothes... Or rather I love to upcycle them from other types of clothing. Some types of doll outfits are not ones that could be made in such a way. Case in point, a cheerleader costume or a leotard outfit. Pre-made doll clothes are hard to come by at a decent price though. Thumbing through the AG catalog that came in the mail recently makes me cringe! I don't pay $35 for my own outfits, much less for a doll. Even if I won the lottery and had endless funds, I can't see me paying that. So what is a fashion hungry doll loving girl supposed to do?

Well, Springfield Doll company, a line sold at Micheal's stores, makes cute doll clothes. They are pretty well made too! The average price of most of their ensembles are $7.99-$9.99. Still, for me, that is hard to pay. I get actual dolls for less than that all the time... However! Just about any day of the week you can come by a 40% off coupon for Micheal's and sometimes you can even come across a 50% off one! The 50% off coupons are where these outfits came from. At $3.99 each, they are priced right, even for me! I think the quality is pretty good. Maybe not AG quality but, not bad. 



I bought this as a back up yoga outfit for my dolls... I want all of them to be able to practice yoga so this type of outfit are some of my most wanted ones! I think I am going to buy both their swim suits in the future for that very reason, to make "yoga clothes".



The tennis shoes that Heather is wearing are also from Springfield. They are normally $4.99 a pair and, you guessed it, I got them at half off. So cute!



Do you have any Springfield outfits? Which ones? What are your thoughts on doll clothes and their expense? Do you have cheap alternatives? Do share in comments!

That's it for now Doll Friends!
Till next time!
XXOO 




No comments:

Post a Comment