Monday, October 19, 2015

Creative Sources for Doll Clothes!

Greetings and Salutations Doll Friends!

I've talked about it before but have found some recent finds to share and so am mentioning it again! When it comes to doll clothes, it pays to think outside the box. Case in point? Clothes gleaned from Teddy Bears and porcelain dolls purchased for next to nothing at Thrift Stores!


This is in my car... I already undressed and re-donated the Muffy Vanderbear I got the pink dress and bloomers off of. Haha! I never want to be tempted to keep them! So I undress the ones I buy merely for their clothes and re-donate them before I drive out of the parking lot. 

Most thrift stores sell stuffed animals for peanuts. Nearly every time I go to Goodwill, they are half price and so the Muffy bear I got the dress off of cost me 99cents! The dress is made so well!!

The porcelain doll is one I'd been watching at a thrift store for the entire time it was there. They go on 50% after three months and she kept being there and so finally I got her for $1.99! That is not too shabby for a very well made four piece outfit for the 14" dolls!


Here is Kim in the dress! Isn't she cute!!




I got these off a bear too. They were from a thrift store that sells stuffed animals 5 for $1.00! The sweater and hat are adorable!


They fit my Petitte Collins doll perfectly! I just need to stitch the ear holes closed. Teehee. 


Here is the outfit from the porcelain doll on my Famosa Nancy Doll! So cute!


That's it for now Doll Friends!
Till next time!
XXOO 







No comments:

Post a Comment