Saturday, October 3, 2015

Vintage 1981 Effanbee Renior 15" Vinyl "Girl With A Watering Can" Doll

Greetings and Salutations Doll Friends!!
Well, it's been pretty well established that I have some serious love for Effanbee Dolls. Specifically vintage ones but generally only because I am much too cheap to buy the newer ones they make now. Which are to die for really, produced by Tonner from what I understand but that's another blog for another time...

I think I've mentioned we are in process of moving. We sold our house on Wednesday and so drove the approximately hour drive to the west to look at our short list of houses we want to buy. We put contract in on our favorite, so if you don't mind saying a prayer we get it, I'd appreciate it. It's the one that I can envision an amazing doll room in, so... I do ever so hope it works out. Trying to leave it to God though because I know He will take us just the right place. 

All that being said, on the freeway exit to that house is an antique mall. See? It's meant to be!! So since we happened to be right there in the area, after we'd decided on a house to offer on and had some lunch, I stopped in...

Oh. My. Stars!
Vintage. Doll. Heaven!!

I was so overwhelmed that I didn't think to take even one photo of the amazing booths I found that were chockablock full up with Madame Alexander and Effanbee Vintage Dolls all safely protected in their boxes as if they rode a time machine from thirty years ago. Love Love Love! I had such a hard time choosing just one. If we do get that house, I suspect that booth might be my undoing. I'll go and take you on a tour if we get the house... Otherwise, I don't want to go back because it'll be too painful a reminder of what could have been! Hahahaha! Seriously though, the booth had a whole rack of vintage dolly dresses and all manner of cool and it was just one booth of hundreds. I could spend hours there and I only had like fifteen minutes to spare that day! So...



I chose this sweet girl! I have decided to name her Renior. Because it fits, eh?


Isn't she pretty?!


It helps if you are familiar with the painting she is based on. She is "Girl with a Watering Can" from Renior's famous painting. I have to say I think they got her pretty spot on, right down to the flowers she's holding in her hand. 


As you also know, I am not one to leave 'vintage display only kind of dolls' in their original clothes and such... Dolls are meant to be played with or what's the point? So, I took her dress off for the very first time since 1981 to check her out. 


As per their usual, Effabee did a top notch job on her costume. Her little slip isn't even able to be seen when she has the blue dress over but there it is, anyway. It could be used as a little night gown or even summer dress all by itself. Bloomers too! I love bloomers!


Her hair brushed out really nice and pretty, it's rooted and very thick. 


See her costume components? So pretty and cute. The socks are adorable! They are a bit dirty from the shoes but that's normal even in modern dolls. 

****WARNING!! NUDE DOLL PHOTOS FOLLOWING*****

TURN BACK NOW if you you are bothered by them....




Don't say I didn't warn you...



Ok... Here they are... Gotta review a doll properly!


She has the same body type as my two other 15" Effabee Dolls by Jan Hagara. You can read more about them here: Laurel and here: Christina&Larry It's one of my favorite body mold types from Effanbee, very sturdy and well made with soft plastic and five points of articulation. 


Here is her back.


And her stamp on her back. She was born in 1981 when I was nine. I like to think of my current burgeoning collection as a fantasy collection I would've died for as a nine year old. Why not? So many people collected these dolls and tucked them away in closets as the treasure they are. I am so glad that they did.

That's it for now Doll Friends!
Till next time!
XXOO











No comments:

Post a Comment