Sunday, October 11, 2015

A Tale of Two Willow Dolls; Twins for the Doll House

Greetings Doll Friends!!

As you may recall, I recently got a new Our Generation Doll Arwen (Aka Willow) as a sweet gesture of my husband because I missed my dolls (I've accumulated a kind of crazy amount since then... I think I may need intervention? I digress). 

Recently, on one of my Thrift Shop outtings, I ran into this beauty!


Well, she wasn't in all that beautiful a shape when I found her though, I'll admit! She looked like this:


Actually not all that bad, a bit dirty and her limbs are rather loose in a 'well played with' kind of way. Her hair was a train wreck!!


I wasn't even sure if I'd be able to get it untangled! But after a lot of brushing out (from bottom to top!) and did the hot water dunk.


Look at that hair?!!??!!



She came out beautiful!!


When I first got her, I thought she was identical to my Arwen (Willow) doll. After I got her all cleaned up though, I realized they were just a tiny bit different. Arwen (Willow), my purchased new one, has bendable arms and legs and her hair and eye color was just a tiny bit darker than the thrifted one. My first thought when I found her was that I'd clean her up and sell her or gift her away but now that I have her all cleaned up, I kind of like the idea of having twin dolls. They are fraternal twins obviously because they are not exactly alike, but close enough! So she needed a name...


I named her Tracy after a life long friend from High School. 


So here is Tracy with Camille (a Famosa Nancy) and Arwen. 


Some of the rest of the girls wanted to jump into the photo for a group photo! Ha!

That's it for now!
Till Next Time!
XXOO


No comments:

Post a Comment