Sunday, November 8, 2015

"Simplicity 18inch Doll Clothes to Cut and Sew" from Hobby Lobby!

Greetings Doll Friends!

I am not sure if they are new or not but look what I found at Hobby Lobby! I used to make little stuffed animals from similar pre-printed panels every year when I would go see my Granny! I've made a few rag type dolls from the same sort of panel but hadn't seen the pre-printed dresses for dolls since the 1990s when Daisy Kingdom made them! 


I am not really into pattern sewing and so it'll be interesting making a dress like this again... I am more of an upcycle seamstress! But for $5.99 minus 40% coupon, I figured I'd give it a go! There wee about four designs there but I totally forgot to photo the others in my excitement to choose one of my own! The style was all pretty much the same, just different colors and patterns of fabric. 


So, I'll let you know how it goes when I finally get totally moved and unpacked and can sew it together!

Here is the whole reason I went to Hobby Lobby in first place:


I've read a lot of good reviews about Hobby Lobby's new 18inch doll clothes line... 

"Marigold Market" seems to be the name they settled on but they've had them out as a couple of different brand names apparently. Also, they had them first packaged on cardboard hangers but then changed to plastic bag packaging. From what I can tell, when they changed packages, prices went up by $2 per outfit from $7.99 to $9.99. Still they are pretty great prices and I want one of every style of shoes! 


Here is the display at my Hobby Lobby. Isn't it fun?!


Here are a few of my favorites, in no particular order.






They still had a few of the older packaged ones there too. Note the name of brand was "Make Me Your Friend" They are both Hobby Lobby brands. I bet they discovered petty quickly that the paper hangers don't hold up and having a photo of doll in outfit was huge plus. So I can see why they changed prices because the packaging with bags and special photo of doll in outfit would be more expensive.


Here is other brand. "Tree House" I've seen opening videos of the outfits online and the ones I saw had the hanger but the outfits themselves are same. 


I was also surprised to see a large collection of Springfield dolls and accessories there too!


Some of the items were same as my Micheal's store but they also had ones I hadn't seen before! 


Well, that is it for now Doll Friends!
Till next time!
XXOO 









No comments:

Post a Comment