Tuesday, December 22, 2020

My Life As Doll Gift From My Stepmother Pam Get Make-Overs!



Hi Doll Friends!

I'm sorry I've been so absent recently...
This has been the hardest year of my life.
Even if Covid19 hadn't been a thing? 
Still would be the hardest year of my life.
Nearly every single thing I've ever feared going wrong in my life?
Went wrong. 
It's like the universe had a checklist or something. 
All in one year.
But, I'm still breathing. 
That's about the best I can report right now. 


In a bid to cheer me up, my step-mother Pam, when she saw some My Life As Dolls on Facebook Marketplace, bought them for me. She knows I like to fix up dolls who've been through the wringer. It was such a sweet gesture. They sat for a bit longer than I normally let dolls sit but... One day I pulled them out and got to work. 


They came out lovely. 


The one on the right got a hot water dunk on her hair after I combed her out and shampooed her...
The one on the left? Her hair was such a tangled mess that I cut off her hair and gave her a new wig. 


Even in the worst year of my life?
Sometimes dolls can still make me smile and forget all the bad stuff happening, even if only momentarily. 




Here are the 'before' photos. 







Here are the dolls with another doll I made over recently... I posted about her in this blog post


Well... I hope this finds you having a lovely Christmas Season.
I'm trying to focus on Jesus and my kids and the small joys in life, like dolls. 
2020 has been a rough rough year for so many people...
At least it's nearly over. 

XXOO
Heather 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment