Monday, October 17, 2016

American Girl Doll Paint Filly Thrift Shop Find!!

Hi Doll Friends!

Look what I found at the Goodwill??!!


I already have two Our Generation ponies... I just dug into blog archives looking for the post I thought I'd posted about them but I can't find it? Perhaps it is one of those blog posts that never made it out of my brain into an actual blog post? So... You'll have to look forward to it soon. So I'd decided that I wasn't going to buy anymore horses or ponies because I would need to build a stable or something to house them all in! Haha! Until I saw this one made by American Girl Doll at the Goodwill. I couldn't pass it up!!


It was a bit messy when I found it, like it'd been stored with a lot of 'linty' items... So I had to 'vacuume' it off with my high powered hand vacuume and brush out it's mane and tail real well...


But it was in great shape otherwise!!


And only cost $3.99!! The Paint Filly isn't available anymore but even when it was it cost $48.00 and so that is a great price!!



Here she is, all cleaned up and with a bow on her tail. So cute! Saige loves her!

Better run!
Till next time!
XXOO
Heather







3 comments:

  1. I love it. Before I was into dolls, I used to spend my free time reading comic books. My favorites are "Baby Blues" and "Zits". In Baby Blues, the main character, Joe, often asked her mother to buy a pony as one of her friends has one. I wondered if ponies are popular pets in America at that time. Are ponies popular pets?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi hi hi... Well, for instance where we live, I would say "Kind of..." You generally have them stabled somewhere other than your house though. Although I have a few friends who've got horses and ponies on their acerage. I think it would be fun to have a pony but they are a lot of work and cost. Luckily if I want to see one or ride one, I am sure it's only a few phone calls away. The fair that was here this summer had so many beautiful horses and ponies. I'll have to take better photos of it next year so you can see them! XXOO

      Delete
    2. Oh and I meant to say I used to read Baby Blues when I worked in an office years ago every day in the 'funny papers' (the comics part of the newspaper) I always thought they were funny! I think 'Zits' came later because it was about their teen son and I think he got that age as I had my real babies and was so busy with them I never had time to read comics. LOL

      Delete