Friday, February 7, 2020

DesignAFriend Doll Gets An OurGen Body!


Doll Friends,

First off... Ya'll are so wonderful! Thanks for all the many words of encouragment ya'll sent me after my last post. As depression is known to do, it comes and goes in waves. I am currently in a 'low tide' if that is the end of that spectrum that is in a good mindset. That's all you can do really, ride them out until they pass completely and just enjoy the little reprieves as they come. 

So, I always thought my DesignAFriend Doll from England was so pretty... Sadly, her body was annoying. It was really light weight plastic and she didn't stand well at all. The DesignAFriend doll bodies are also slimmer and smaller than American Girl Dolls or Our Generation Dolls. So she wasn't even a candidate for too many photo shoots because I like them to be able to at least stand on their own!


So I recently thrifted this our generation doll... Notice I'd removed her hair with the intention of likely re-wigging her but then I noticed...


She had this huge gouge cut in her face and also a pretty noticable scar on the end of her nose... Then it occured to me that her body complexion would be a perfect transplant body for the DesignAFriend. 



And here she is!!
I love love love her!! I'm sure you'll see a lot more of her in photos going forward. Isn't she pretty?
Better run!
XXOO
Heather





3 comments:

  1. That works pretty well! I like that dress too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing her! We also love that wonder woman dress too. We have 'thrifted' quite a few designafriend dolls here in the UK and their bodies always seem to go floppy in the middle. This is a great solution 😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, she turned out perfectly! Great skin tone match.

    ReplyDelete