Sunday, January 24, 2021

Vintage Strawberry Shortcake Dolls At The Thrift Store


Hi Doll Friends!

Recently I went to the thrift store and I was delighted to take a trip down memory lane by a fabulous collection of dolls I saw there. When I was a kid in the 1980's, a very popular doll were Strawberry Shortcake Dolls! I had quite a few, as did my sister. They were so fabulous, each doll was scented as the 'fruit' that she represented and they had adorable little outfits with hats and came with a little 'pet' as well. Someone had a fantastic collection of them and donated each and every one of them to the thrift store I visited. Oh, I tell you, it was so tempting to snatch up at least a few but... I have to be careful not to start collecting 'other' sorts of dolls because I already have a storage problem with the doll type I already collect so I didn't buy even one. I just had to show them to you though! 


See how cute they are? I had the one on the far right,.. I wish I could remember her name? Perhaps you know and can leave it in the comments. 


I think the one on the right has the wrong dress on, I think she was a blueberry doll and she's wearing a strawberry dress. I was super impressed that so many of them had their tights and even their shoes!! Amazing!


They even had babies! And one of the dolls had a pet with her. 


They had the little trikes that you could buy for your dolls back in the day too!


Then, in a different part of the same thrift store I saw the Strawberry Shortcake Doll House! 
Oh how I coveted this when I was 10 years old!! It had a big bag of the furniture and accessories that you could get to go with it too! How fun!! 


So it was super fun to see these amazing vintage toys! Someone had a great collection and took amazing care of it! Did you have Strawberry Shortcake Dolls when you were a kid? Do you still have some in your collection? I'd love to hear about them!

Better run!
XXOO
 Heather 


 

3 comments:

  1. I think that white-hot one is named Angel Cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angel Cake had lavender hair... I believe that is Apricot.

    ReplyDelete