Tuesday, February 14, 2023

American Fashion Doll World Amanda Thrift Store Find!

 


Hi Doll Friends!

So… I was at the thrift recently and I saw this doll… She’s not marked in any way but is sturdy like Wellie Wishers are (I have a few so I know). I thought her face sculpt looked like a Wellie so much so that I plunked down the $3.50 for her even tho I have sworn off buying dolls cos I have hundreds. I wanted to bring her home and take photo of her and get your opinions… Have you seen WW knockoff that are on par quality wise? I’m perplexed. Thoughts? She hasn’t got “painted teeth” either which is one more difference but she’s sturdy like WWs whereas most knock offs have bodies that are cheaper plastic bodies that have no weight. I’m so perplexed...

I asked around my Facebook groups and a woman named Emily B came up with her perhaps being a 'American Fashion Doll World' doll. I think she's spot on after having looked for them. Here is a link to the one I think she looks most like: American Fashion Doll World Amanda



As you may be able to see, she was pretty dirty when I found her. I took a couple of photos before I cleaned up her face as best I could on my lunch hour (see the top photo). 



So I'm happy to have picked her up... I'll try to get back here soonish to give you a better look at her. 
Hope you're having a wonderful Valentines Day if you happen to read this the day I post it. 

XXOO
Heather 



No comments:

Post a Comment