Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Our Generation Abrianna Goodwill Doll Makeover!!

Hi Doll Friends!!

As you may know if you read this blog often, I am a bit obsessed with doll makeovers and recently with rainbow wigs... Most of my doll makeovers are done on dolls I find at thrift stores because I feel like I am doing two things 1) saving a doll from a toy box nightmare or landfill grave and 2) I am saving money on buying them new as I'd be tempted to do if I couldn't ever find them second hand. The only trouble is that certain dolls are a lot harder to find than others. One doll that I've nearly considered buying new just to make her over into one of my rainbow haired beauties, is Our Generation's Abrianna. She's so pretty and I just have thought, since I started making rainbow wigged dolls, that she'd make a great one. Then, last week at Goodwill, low and behold, who do I see laying on the shelf?


That's right! Abrianna herself!! I grabbed her right up and walked strait to the cash register because I knew I'd found my 'find of the week'! She was sadly totally naked but was marked only $1.99! I just discovered, as I was looking for a linky for her on Our Gen's website, they must've stopped producing Abrianna? I had no idea!? So I am doubly glad I found her!


I might've been able to restore her hair but I knew going in she'd be a rainbow wigged doll and so I didn't even bother trying... 


Poor dear had been subjected to a novice 'make up artist' at some point but I was pretty certain I'd be able to get it all off...


See? A steal!!


I think she's adorable!! I was a bit worried that the only rainbow wig I happened to have on hand, being pastel, would be too 'pale' for her... But when I put it on her I changed my mind! I think she looks adorable!! I haven't glued it on yet though because I am also drawn to this wig on Amazon when I originally thought of making over Abrianna. So I may very well order it and change her up. What do you think? In any case, she's adorable in this transitional look.

Gotta run!
XXOO
Heather





No comments:

Post a Comment