Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Pamela Doll Gets New Hairstyle AKA American Girl Doll Stylin' Bangs Review

Hi Doll Friends!!

One of my doppelganger dolls is named after my dear kindred spirit friend and reader Pamela... Her doll was perfect in every way except that real Pamela had bangs in her hair when she was a girl. I thought about re-wigging but was reticent because real Pamela has the same doll in her Doll House and I wanted them to look the same. So... What to do? Then I recalled seeing a neat hair piece at American Girl Doll's website called Stylin' Bangs. I wondered if they'd work to make Pamela Doll's hairstyle perfect but was kind of reticent to order them because what if the color was all wrong or they just looked silly or something? However, I mentioned the idea to real Pamlea and wouldn't you know it, she had the actual bangs on hand that she'd purchased on sale. She tried them on her Pamela doll and they looked perfect!! Fun!! So, I went and ordered some Stylin' Bangs for my Pamela Doll and set out watching the mail for them...
I meant to make a cute post about her going to the salon and Susannah Doll cutting her hair in the salon chair and the whole works... However, when I got the bangs, I was puzzling how to get them to stay in properly because I couldn't really get the clip to snap in securely at all. I even considered glueing them in because I think Pamela Doll will always wear bangs... But that also felt a bit extreme because what if I messed up?! So... I sort of just let the bangs 'sit' on Pamela dolls hair for a few days while I thought about it. Then, it came to me... Pamela doll had been wearing side braids in her hair for a while before I decided she'd get bangs. So, when I took them out the hair was all 'crimped' ala 1980's in just that spot of her hair (the sides). I thought I'd likely need to hot dip her hair even, to get it strait again... While I was puzzling out the bangs it occured to me: 
Why not braid the side pieces of the Styling Bangs into Pamela Dolls rooted hair? 

I couldn't delay long enough to do the whole 'scene' with Susannah cutting her bangs etc. because I just had to see if it would work and... It totally did.

  She looks adorable!! I think so anyway and real Pamela agrees! 


I think I might've centered them a tiny bit crookedly? I didn't notice it until I looked at her photo and saw that the left hand side of her bangs was a bit 'higher' than the right side... I'll likely fix it at some point but it honestly made me smile as I remembered my own somewhat 'crooked' bangs in the 1980s because I was always much much too cheap to pay anyone to do them for me. Haha. Also, it's probably just my TypeA personality that thinks they are a tiny big crooked. My husband says he doesn't think they look so... But it won't take much to 'fix' them, just unbraiding them and moving them a smidge. If I'd have glued them in, I'd  have been stuck wouldn't I have? So, this is much better option. 


I don't really think you can see a difference at all between the bangs and her rooted hair... Other than the Stylin' Bangs hair is a bit nicer quality I think... I think she looks fantastic!


In fact, if I place another order from AG anytime soon I might just buy another color or two for other dolls. Frann Doll would look totally adorbs with bangs too I think. So maybe...?


Here is her hair from the back. I don't really think you can tell it 's a hair piece at all unless you really look hard. 


Here is what they look like in the box. 



With them on sale for $6 I was able to get them to the house for only about $12ish and given the original price was $20 even that isn't too bad. 


I just love how she looks. So cute!



1 comment:

  1. What a totally fantastic idea! Much better than glue, and you really have to look hard to see it might be a hairpiece.cool!

    ReplyDelete