Friday, May 11, 2018

Another New 18" Lotus Doll In The Doll House!

Hi Hi Hi Doll Friends!

Uh oh... I've done it again... Yes... That's right... I've brought home another doll
It wasn't my fault!!
She followed me home!!
From eBay. 
Seriously!!
Teehee.
That's my story and I am sticking to it. 
I couldn't exactly turn her away could I? She's just a little girl!!


So... Yeah... I was shopping researching on eBay the other day... I have to stay abreast of the very latest in doll items afterall. I owe it to my readers!! One of my many saved searches is "Lotus 18inch doll" and low and behold who should make her way into my search but this little beauty right here...


She intrigued me because she seemed to have a Journey Girl/Espari type body but also had sleep eyes... What?!?


She was on a Buy-It-Now for only $18.00 plus a low $5.00 shipping... I happened to have a bit of Doll Mad Money burning a hole in my electric wallet and before I knew it, she'd been paid for and was on her way to my house. Don't you just love the internet? 


She was still new in the box but her box was damaged. What do I care? I long ago stopped saving doll boxes or I could probably build a house out of them or something. Hahaha. Kidding. Sort of... I mean naturally I have all my posh dolls boxes like my Maplelea dolls (who's box alone was probably worth at least $10.00) and my American Girl Dolls etc. 


One reason I couldn't resist her was that she has a face sculpt I am almost certain I don't have in my collection. Not to mention Lotus Dolls are quickly becoming my newest favorite doll over Tolly Tots. In all likelyhood because they are still being produced and that makes a difference


Here you can see the damage to her box. Almost like someone tore into it but then never finished opening it? Weird. Fine though, I'll finish opening it for them! 


Isn't she pretty! I love her dress. Pretty sure her outfit alone would've been worth her purchase price. After she got to the house I realize another reason I was drawn to her... I kept thinking she reminded me of someone when I first saw her on eBay but when she was here in person I realized finally who it was. She looks a lot like my niece-in-law! So I am going to name her after her. Her hair is a tad too dark but otherwise she is very similar!


I took her outside the other day for photos... As per my usual, once I started taking photos I kind of got carried away....



But she's just so cute!


               I know, I say that about all the dolls but... I also mean it every single time.


On the other hand, my 'real' life is populated by so many wonderful people... How could I not want as many of them as possible residing in my Doll House? Oh the parties I can throw!







Here is a quick photo of her tag... She's marked 2014... Interesting!



I've gotten her all changed into more casual clothes so I'll have to try and get more photos taken of her soon. She's lovely.... So glad I found her!

Better run!
XXOO
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment