Tuesday, May 26, 2020

American Girl Doll Travel Book Goodwill Score!


Hi Doll Friends!!
I was sorting through all my 'doll stuff' and came across this Doll Travel Book I'd gotten at Goodwill... A while ago... I honestly don't even recall getting it. Teehee. I guess that is a sign you might have too many just enough dolls, when you get cute stuff like this and don't even open it to tell your lovely Doll Friends about it? 


It really is a nifty little set. I think most all of the stuff that came with it was included. I mean, it was punched out and the mini-mag was assembled but you can tell that the person who owned this set was meticulous about putting things together and keeping all of it organized. Awesomeness!!


The little American Girl Doll Bag was probably worth the purchase price of $3.99! I imagine it was exclusive to this set? In any case, adorable and I'm glad to have it in my collection!


Here is the first page of the book. I guess I could've photographed all the pages... Hmmm... But if I go back to do that now you will NEVER hear about this book so I probably won't. They are just suggestions and instructions on how to make the crafts that the patterns go with and such. Very cute and colorful book. 


Here is the contents of the American Girl bag. All manner of doll sized currency and credit cards and ski passes and and and...


Here it is all sorted out. Isn't it swell!? I love how there are two types of currency since you'd have that reality if you were to travel out of the country. So neat! I love that the 'devices' have 'aged'. It feels like ten minutes ago, to me, when we were all on devices like these and my daughters doll will forever be frozen into being her 10-11ish year old self so it works out perfectly. 


Here are some of the things that came in the kit. I love the wrist bands!! 
I might very well take color copies of all of these for myself so that more than two of my dolls can have a wrist band for instance. 

I love the passport!! So cool!


A mini AG Magazine and an AG Dazzling Desserts cook book!


The doll sized maps might be my favorite part of this set!!


We used maps all the time when I was a kid and these are so realistic!



So fun!



Here they are folded and some airline tickets I think.


Some more postcards,,,


They had all different ones. 


All written out even! 


Aren't they pretty?!


Then there were 'travel' posters like you'd see in a travel agents office... 
Say... A travel agents office...
That would be a fun scene to create!


There were also a bunch of stickers... Obviously a few had been used but... For the price who can complain?



This is a pattern for a snowboard and a ski and a boogie board craft. You cut them out of that craft foam... I'll have to try that as well!


Here are the instructions that were used to make the mini magazine. Seems they put the same type in the AG magazine... I think. 


Here is a photo of the contents of the little bag just as I opened it. 

Out of time!
XXOO
 Heather 

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know AG had ever made doll size British currency, that's rather cute. But I do find it a bit odd that there are no sterling notes, nor any Euro coins. Maybe the story is that she started her trip in the UK and then exchanged all her sterling notes for dollars/Euros before leaving for continental Europe?

    I love the doll sized maps too, especially how detailed they are. I love OG products but they don't really put much detail in their doll books and other paper items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got this book in the mail a few days ago and scrolled past your pictures real fast because I haven't opened the craft section yet :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete