Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Doll Sewing Patterns From Goodwill And Getting Back To Sewing For Dolls


Greetings And Salutations Doll Friends,

Golly, it's been a while... I know... 
Reasons, reasons, reasons... 
Not the least of which the state of things lately 
for everyone, basically, in the entire world has really... What...? 
Thrown me for a loop that's what, much like everyone else I imagine. 
I decided at the outset of the whole thing that I was not going to talk about it much, if at all, here on my doll blog because I knew I, for one, got sick, very early on, of hearing about it everywhere.
Sick. Of. It.
So I am going to not talk about the event-that-shall-not-be-named here. 
Maybe I'll mention it on my other blog at some point but... 
Not here. 
Hope you understand. 
💗


I am so behind on blog posts I want to get done!
This one has been in drafts for a few weeks now at least. 
I have been wanting to come and tell you that, if you like to sew for dolls and happen to be one that likes thrift stores, when yours open up you should always check their pattern section for doll clothes patterns. I have found all the ones you see here at one time or another at thrift stores and Goodwill's for less than a $1 each!! 
Every single one of them was brand new, never been cut (other than the Daisy Kingdom one had the 'childs dress' cut out but I had zero plans to make that and so didn't care). 
I'm not sure if you know how much patterns cost at the store but most of these are marked about $14. So, an amazing deal!!
I'm not sure I'll end up sewing from all of them but it's sure nice to have the option to if I decide to! 




I have been doing a bit of sewing lately...
I really do enjoy sewing for dolls. When I was a girl I always imagined designing clothes but then I found out that there was copious amounts of math involved and was like 'Well, there goes that idea...." Same with interior design! What can I say? Math has never been my thing. 
The photo (above) is my little ironing board where I'm cutting out some dresses. See the old school suitcase next to my knee (that's what the brightly colored patterned thing is... haha, it's one of my favorite skirts) That is how I store my fabric, in old school suitcases. 
You can find them at thrift stores all the time because NO ONE uses this type of suitcase anymore. They are really heavy and bulky. For storing fabric, though, they are wonderful. 


There are so many fun patterns when it comes to fabric nowadays!


Here are a few of the ones I have recently cut out to make into dresses... They'll be the reversable sort like I describe here
I still plan, at some point, hopefully sooner rather than later, to get some of them posted for sale. Money has been tight lately and so it would be nice to make a few dollars to reinvest in my doll hobby! Cos, you know, priorities!
So when I get them posted for sale, you'll be the first to hear about it!!

Well, I want to try and get one more blog post up today so I'm gonna say ta-ta for now!
XXOO
Heather



3 comments:

  1. Nice haul of doll patterns. It is amazing what turns up at thrift stores sometimes. You just never know what you're going to find, which is part of the fun of second-hand shopping.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! I am sick of Covid 19 too. I was sick of it on March 1st. Little did I know what was to erupt! I have learned a great deal from it though, including the most important thing which I admit I was lax on; personal devotions first thing in the day (or they just don't happen). That has really been helping me and keeping me sane, although it is a daily battle. I am a changed woman...I've been doing a lot of handcrafts and it's been fun. The patterns are cute. I have a lot of them which I got for $1 brand new at Joannes. (in WA) The borders are still closed but I don't need to shop anymore. I have enough to last me for 20 years at least.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your patterns look wonderful. I'm looking forward to seeing what you will make.

    ReplyDelete