Friday, March 19, 2021

Amazing American Girl Doll Scores At The Thrift Stores!!

 


Greetings and Salutations Doll Friends!

I've been meaning to come here and tell you about these amazing 'score' finds at the thrift stores over the last little while. I kept thinking they each needed their own post. However, the posts just haven't gotten done. So I finally decided to just do a combined post for all three of them. 


The first one is this Felicity Doll. I actually got her nearly a year ago and the poor dear has just sat in her abused condition all this time waiting for a makeover. I think by doing this post I may have inspired myself to get her cleaned up because picking her up to take these photos made me pity the poor girl. I got her for only $1.99!! I have another Felicity in my collection, she was the first American Girl Doll I ever found at the Thrift Store. However, her wig was a nightmare and so she eventually became Prism


So this one seems to have a bit more workable wig and so I am thinking I am going to keep her as Felicity! I'll work on her this weekend, I hope, and come show you the outcome when I get her make over all done!



The nest American Girl Doll I found was this sweet gal... I got her for only $1.99! She is going to get a whole new wig because I don't think I can fix her hair. I'm not sure 'who' she was originally? Do any of you know? 



She's had her fingernails and toenails 'polished' and so I am going to have to do something about that... But I think I'll be able to get it off. 



The last American Girl Doll I've found at the thrift recently was this Caroline Doll I literally just got this week. She was in her original meet dress even!! She was only $3.99! I took it as a sign because Caroline is Felicity's best friend and so I really need to get them both cleaned up and made over so they can be comfortable and have a proper tea party!


Her wig is actually in pretty good shape considering and so I am going to try and keep it and restore it. 



So those were all just amazing finds!! I don't really ever have the impulse to buy new American Girl Dolls anymore because they are so expensive and I think the quality has come down to be just about the exact same as Our Generation Dolls which are like a quarter the price even when they aren't on sale. However, I will likely ALWAYS buy them when I find them at the Thrift Store because they are usually the ones that were made before they made the changes and...

How can I not!?

Have a great weekend Doll Friends!
XXOO
Heather 














6 comments:

  1. Caroline is a wonderful find! She has unique eyes and can go quite high on resale boards! She looks like she can be fixed up quite easily. Wet her hair and brush in small sections from the bottom up and I bet she comes out great! The middle doll might be Gabriela...a girl of the year. She had tons of ringlet type curls so she will take some work. Congrats, you did great! My most recent dolly find was a Maplelea Taryn in amazing condition and then her blue boots a week or so later at Value Village/Savers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda! Don't you just LOVE Thrifty finds! I love Maplelea Dolls too! <3

      Delete
  2. Great finds...I'm slightly jealous! Caroline is one of my favorites. She is not Felicity's best friend though...that was Elizabeth! Caroline's stories take place around 1812, while Felicity and Elizabeth were earlier, in 1774. But Caroline could certainly stand in as Felicity's best friend! I look forward to seeing the end result once you spruce them all up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela! I appreciate that! I don't know why I got it in my head that Caroline was Felicity's bestie... I've been working on her! She's got a small ink spot on her face I need to apply zit cream and a sun bath to but she's coming along nicely! Thanks again for comment and letting me know!

      Delete
  3. I wish I could stumble upon some American Girl dolls like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The middle doll in the pink starry dress looks like it's either Truly Me #46 or #67. #46 is the same doll that was turned into Gabriela, girl of the year 2017 but I'm not sure you can tell them apart without the clothes.

    ReplyDelete