Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Wooden Gates For The Doll House Found at Thrift Store!

Greetings and Salutations Doll Friends,

Sometimes, at Thrift Stores, you see something that you think is pretty neat but you have no idea what on earth it was made for originally... All you know is that, when you look at whatever the particular item is, it will be great for the Doll House! Case in point? 

This expandible wood gate... Or rather these expandible wood gates because I found two of them. 


When I first saw them my first thought was 'horse pen' to go with the American Girl Doll Stable I found for my horses a while ago at Goodwill. I even bought some hinges, planning to slide the three panels apart and hinging them so they could create a circle. Then... I brought them home and I had them sitting there when... I needed to put away my doll stuff because a friend was coming over with their dog. My dog pretty much leaves my doll stuff alone really because I've trained her to. Other dogs though, don't really know the rules and if my friends dog ate one of my dolls, I'd be so sad!! So I normally would've had to take my 'background walls' out from behind my doll scene/rooms and put them in front (if that makes sense). So I was about to go about doing that when I glanced over and saw the fences I'd just bought. Hold the phone...


So I grabbed them up and pulled them open and they were perfect 'fences' to keep any manner of dog out of my Doll House! Woot! To be honest, if I am going to be gone from the house and just my kids will be home to mind the dog for a little while, I sometimes will have moved the walls of my house to protect it from her, just in case. Like I said, she's pretty good about staying out of the stuff but her weakness is plush toys (like teddy bears) and I have a lot of them, perfectly dog toy sized' in the Doll House and I always figure "Why tempt her?". Right? 


Best part? They were only $5.00 each!! Nice right? 





So, now, whenever I am not going to be actively working (playing? LOL) in the Doll House, I just throw up the little fences in front of them, just to be safe. It's so much more convenient! I've decided I could still use the fences for a horse pen if I decide to... They slide right apart and I could use zip ties to hold them together temporarily as I photo whever scene I have in mind. We are coming into winter now though so I don't think I am going to be able to pull off any elaborate horse scenes outside anytime soon anyway though, eh?


How do you keep your Doll House safe from pets? Any time I consider, for a passing moment, getting a cat, thinking of how they'd likely knock over every single thing in my Doll House all of the time keeps me from it. Not a gate was made that can keep a cat out of a place, eh?

Better run!
XXOO
Heather

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete