Friday, October 13, 2017

Penthouse Apartment For Frann Doll!

Hi Doll Friends!

So... I've been sort of finding some really great doll beds recently when I've been out thrifting. I used to have the idea that I'd only have one or two doll beds in the Doll House because of 'space' limitations. The way I have my Doll House set up/created, it's always on the floor of my doll room. So naturally that's always limited the space. My doll room is in the attic/loft room in our house and so the wall are all 'slanted'... So going with the shelf type Doll House hasn't ever been an option. However, recently I was looking at Our Generations Doll House and it occured to me that I might be able to go 'one story up' in my doll room... I think the OG house is kind of neat but honestly for play value, it's madly expensive. So I started thinking "What could I make a second floor out of?" My first thought was like a rolling cart but none of them were deep or wide enough and they were also wildly expensive. Then it hit me... A table! A folding table!! Then it's even portable! So I went to look.... I wanted one that had legs that were not too obtrusive so it wouldn't make the 'lower floor' rooms look goofy with big table legs coming down through them. I wasn't even sure they made such a table? But they do!! Not only that, the table I found was only $39.99! Comparted to $130, that's a bargain!


So I ordered the table and two days later it was on my doorstep. I love Amazon Prime!


See? Before I had the rooms on the floor... I liked that they were open from the top for photos because my doll rooms tend to be tall and ginormous but... I wanted a second floor. So...


This table is perfect!!!! It adjusts to 29inches tall and so the bottom 'floor' still has lots of light streaming in. That's one thing that always bothered me about the thought of doing multiple floors is that the bottom floors tend to be all 'dark'. But not if they are 29inches tall ceiling wise! 







At first I had it all as one room... But I dont' like the look of those legs coming down the middle of the room...





So I added a 'wall' (a cardboard display board from Dollar General that fits perfectly well under the 29inch table. I plan to use the other side of that room with the yellow bunkbeds as a small 'boys' room since I have so many boys in the doll house... 




I love how it came out and love that Frann Doll now has a penthouse apartment! I got the pink OG bed the same day I got her other new bed and just new it would be perfect for Frann's room so she could have over night guests if she wants!

I have to run!
Happy Friday!
XXOO
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment