Friday, November 18, 2016

New Updated Tour of The Doll Room!

Hi Doll Friends!!

So it's been a while since I gave you a tour of my doll room and a lot has changed since then so I figured it was time for an update. 


As you can see, on top of my desk I've started storing all my most important dollies... For most of the time I've had this doll room my desk ended up being just a dumping station for doll stuff and it would slowly get messier and messier until I got annoyed about it and cleaned it off. Then one day as I was feeling overwhelmed by my dolls not having enough storage room I thought "Why not just store the most important dolls on the desk?" And so I did. I really like it like this. I moved my sewing machine into the basement months ago because I decided if I am going to do any sewing it will probably be in the wee early morning hours and disturb my husband if I am in the doll room on same level... 


Since last tour, I've added an additional doll rack on the wall here... It gives me seven more spaces for dolls on the floor. Haha. I have a few dolls... 


This is the shelf over the doll closet...


I've added two doll racks on the wall down the stairs too...


As you can see, under the desk, where the chair would go if you used it as a desk, is a great place for storing extra doll furniture and accessories. 


The white cabinets here are incredibly handy to hold all my many doll accessories..


The doll closet has gotten rather full and so I have some 'spillover' into the other closet...


on either side of the organizer I also have in there to hold doll socks and undies etc..


I use every single inch of space in the room. Haha!


As you can see, this is where the 'doll rooms' get set up.... above you can see the Sweet Shoppe before I took it down and packed it away... 


And then I set up the modern My Life As Doll kitchen this time.... I think it looks perfect with the cabinets Frann sent me as they are the exact same height as one another. Perfect! 


And here is a photo from 'inside' the doll room. This is Diya, a Carpatina Doll.


Hope you enjoyed the tour... If you have any questions about anything and I've not explained it, just leave me a comment!

Till next time!
XXOO
Heather











5 comments:

  1. Oh! Thank you for showing your doll room. Do you remember I was really curious of your doll room and asked you to show it a few months ago? How kind of you were to make me tour your doll room at that time. Wow! A lot more beauties and doll stuffs have come to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, you're one organized woman. I try my best to be organized, but I'm usually one for saying "I'll do that later" and then later never comes. Sigh. I'm working on this deficiency in myself! I don't think I have quite as many large dolls as you, but I will try to get a photo of them by the Christmas tree once I get it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love It! I know I'm late, however what type of doll is in the last three photos?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Hi Kelli! She is a Carpatina doll! Here is a link to when she arrived in the Doll House:

      https://pennilesscaucasianrubbishdolls.blogspot.com/2016/11/carpatina-heterochromia-twins-arrive-at.html

      I think you'll have to cut and paste... I'll go up and edit the blog post with a 'real' link to make it easier to get to. But I wanted to answer your question. She is a beautiful doll! One of my favorites! (I know... I say that about all the dolls but... I mean it every time! Heehee)

      Delete