Friday, February 2, 2018

Madeleine Girl 14 Inch Doll By Simba From TJ Maxx

Greetings and Salutations Doll Friends,

Wednesday night before church my daughter wanted to stop into TJ Maxx to see if they had any cool hoodies... Hoodies being her uniform and all. So while she was looking around in the clothes, I had to go take a peek to see what dolls they might have left in the small toy section they have. The section gets bigger at Christmas time for obvious reasons and then they tend to scale it back the rest of the year. So it can be really hit or miss as to what you might find. 


So imagine my delight and curiosity when I saw this little dolly and two of her twin sisters on the shelf...

I'd never heard of Madeleine Girls or Simba the company that makes them before... So I googled them right there in the store (how did we live before Smartphones? Am I right?) I didn't really find too much with regards to reviews other than images but did find the manufacturer, Simba's website. That made me even more curious!! Who was this mystery doll?


She has a sweet face sculpt and looked to be reasonably good quality... But who can really tell outside of the box? Right?


So I couldn't help myself... I decided I was going to get one of the two that were $12 just so I could check her out. I am a blogger, it's research. Right? Teeheeheehee.




So I chose the ballerina. I honestly could not decide so I did a bit of an eenie-meenie-miney-moe to choose. What can I say? Some of the mechanics of childhood work even after you're fully grown. Right?


Here is the back of the box. 


Isn't she sweet? 


On the side of the box it says she is 14 inches tall... But I think she is closer to 13 inches as you'll see when you see her with some of the other 14 inch dolls from the Doll House. 


She has an interesting face and a real 'tilt' to her head... But I think that is likely just how she was made because the other two in the store were the same. 


She has poseable arms and legs (only at shoulder and hip) and is made of all vinyl. 


One thing I thought was a bit silly was that her tights were too small. Not even kidding, they are just a bit too short and sag. Oh well... Reminds me of how my tights fit when I was a kid myself. Hahaha.



Here little shoe laces/ribbons where stitched together to keep them from slipping... 


And here she is, changed into street clothes and with a few of the other 14 inch dolls from the doll house. From left to right the brands are: Wellie Wisher by AG, Glitter Girls by Battat, Madeleine Girl, Heart for Hearts, Style Girl and Melissa and Doug. It's so much fun that the are so many different 14 inch dolls available now. Aren't they fun?

Better run!
Have a great weekend!
XXOO
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment